First time trying to make a fit

I tried to make a fit for the first time and I would like any feedback to see if I am doing it wrong or not.

Navy Vexor, for ratting, DED sites and mission running (PvE Focus), going for armor tank and drones mostly, and some railguns for extra dps.

[Vexor Navy Issue, Navy Issue]
Medium Automated Carapace Restoration
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
1600mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I
250mm Compressed Coil Gun I
Salvager I

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5
Federation Navy Hammerhead x5

Iridium Charge M x80

Drones will be changed depending on the rats and fit also implies Galante Alpha Clone limitions.

1 Like

For PvE active tanking you dont generally want plates and trimarks. Instead use 1-2 armor hardeners and maybe armor repair rigs if you need more tank, or capacitor ones. Removing the 1600 plate will free up lots powergrid so you prolly dont need the ancillary rig and diagnostic system anymore.

Might want to go with medium capacitor battery if you have power to support it, often they give more cap than recharger. Then you could maybe use dronespeed or omnidirectional rig in mid.

3 Likes

Something like this then?

[Vexor Navy Issue, Navy Issue]
Medium Automated Carapace Restoration
Prototype Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Prototype Armor Thermal Hardener I
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Medium Cap Battery I

Drone Link Augmentor I
Salvager I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5
Federation Navy Hammerhead x5

Iridium Charge M x80

1 Like

This looks much better for PvE, most people also will say that the single salvager is mostly useless and i tend to agree, sure it gives money but slows you down a LOT if you stay there salvaging everything.

Theres usually not enough stuff to salvage at lower end sites/missions. That said , i did personally salvage my missions also when i started so who am i to say.

Aim to get T2 hardeners as fast as you can, also the armor repair. Tank and capacitor stuff is super important to get T2 going. Also use antimatter ammo unless you need more range.

1 Like

I used to salvage everything too :slightly_smiling_face:

I think your fit will work. My first ‘real’ PvE ship was a passive shield Vexor with a core probe launcher in the highs instead of that salvager. I made my first billion with that thing and bought a Quafe SKIN for it :relaxed: precious memories.

Perhaps a flight of Salvager drones?

What I learned after a while is that it’s better to think of your hangar as like a tool box and use your ships for their designed roles. (Except for salvaging I just use any T1 Destroyer)

Nothing wrong with using a sort of all-in-one casual highsec explorer. The Stratios is the king of that. Though I’d still recommend the Gila over Stratios.

2 Likes

But what makes this better than the pure armor tank, it has a lot less effective hit points and only more 10armor/sec? Not complaing about the change only want to know the 2 diference sides of the coin :slight_smile: .

Can’t get T2 hardeners with alpha clone, but going to train for the armor repair T2. And I will buy some of each amoo and try it to see.

The salvager is mostly to salvage the DED sites that can drop T2 salvage.

1 Like

Hardeners mean you take less dmg / sec so your effective repair is much higher than you would think. Also choose your hardeners depending on the enemy, so if they use explosive dmg like angels, block that, and if instead you fight guristas, use kinetic hardeners and so on.
In pve you dont really need THAT much hp buffer.

1 Like

Ok thanks, and yeh i would change the hardeners like I change the drones

1 Like

Omnidirectional tracking link with tracking speed script, drone navigation computer.

keep the damage control

1 more drone damage amplifier (they are your main weapons system with droneboat and stacking penalties still make 3 kind-of-worth-doing)

all capacitor rigs. Keep in mind you don’t have to run your armor repair constantly, so your capacitor doesn’t have to be stable if you stay aware of your situation (and don’t disconnect a lot :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The problem is that I am barely am cap stable and if I remove 1 it goes to -20% cap so i would only repair less than half the time.

1 Like

In simulation mode you are 20% cap stable with two or three capacitor control rigs?

1 Like

So you want to put all rigs cap instead of armor repair?

1 Like

Unfortunately have to make trades in things. To fit modules that help your drones will replace capacitor modules. Rigs trying to help capacitor.
Also, if you are not alpha and can use projectile weapons as well they use less power requirements.
Just don’t get shot a lot and there’s no problem. :wink:

1 Like

Sub has ended so I can’t use projectiles, but I prefer tank over damage, cause with the damage I can kill preatty much must rats, but if I change it would be harder to tank

1 Like

I was pretty much as you when I started out to fit my Omen. Nowadays I have the skills to fit it with a armor rep and be capstable - with laser guns blazing.
But with the skills came also the experience that capstability was not needed in most PvE situations. Sometimes I still fly capstable ships when I need the attention elsewhere like the D-Scan.
But what I did back then was to kite the enemy. A drone boat like the Vexor can be flown very efficient this way. But you probably would want to fit a 50MN MWD or a 100MN Afterburner to have proper rangecontrol.

I don’t want to get you off your path, I just wanted to mention that there are more options to tank than shield or armor.

As every strategie it has a weak point: your range of drone control. But if you are not going up against battleships or certain boss battlecruisers that can keep hitting you beyond your range of drone control (there are highslot modules to buff this) you should be able to kite quite well in most sites.

o7

2 Likes

hmm … sorry … but this fits are not really good …
i dont have my fits here in the office … just write me ingame … i will share my PVE fits with you
i am sure i have some you can use and you enjoy to use …

JuuR

1 Like

I guess its true that you dont need to be 100% cap stable, and how far is enoghf for engagement range, I know I can increase drone control range but can I also increase target lock range?

1 Like

Ok thanks any way I will sen you a message ingame.

2 Likes

Yes you can increase the targeting range with sensor boosters (medslots) and by training up skills.
On most T1 cruisers my character would have roughly 68km lockrange and a drone control range of ~54km.
For most cruiser sized NPCs to stay away about 30km would be enough that they won’t hit you hard anymore. For battlecruiser sized enemys you may need to go over the 50km mark. But this strongly depends on the site you are in.
If you fly against Blood Raiders kiting is probably the most effective way to tank. Because of their neuts and tracking at close range they are sometimes hard to deal with in a brawling fitted ship.
The ones that can be tricky with a kiting ship are Serpentis rats because their sensor dampeners can force you closer to them to get a lock. This can be countered with sensor boosters.
Also Guristas ECM can be annoying but your drones will keep on shooting (when set to “aggressive”) even if you are jammed - you still need to be in control range for your drones though.

The usual way to kite is to burn away from the npcs while dropping light drones and tacking out the frigates that could keep up with you first. After that switch to medium drones and deal with bigger stuff.
This involves a bit more manual piloting than “approach” and “orbit” but with the strategic overview this is easy after you did a few sites.

1 Like

EHP is a worthless stat for PvE dropping the plate for the cap battery is a good choice.

See the fit below.

Before I begin cap stability is useless for the vast majority of PvE situations so even trying to attain it is wasting slots that could better serve you. As they say gank is tank, if it is dead it cannot shoot you and there is a huge degree of truth to that. As an example I have a level 4 Navy Raven fit that has 1 minute and 45 seconds of capacitor and I have never had a problem running out of cap, since it it is cap stable with the shield booster turned off. To make this work you use a technique called pulse tanking you leave your rep / booster off most of the time allowing your cap to recharge and then rep / boost as needed. And like the Navy Raven fit the one below is cap stable with everything but the armor rep running. The sub 2 minute cap life may be uncomfortable for you at first so changing the trimark for another cap rig nearly doubles the capacitor time but you have to run your rep more because it is less efficient so there is a trade off there.

I put your fit and the one below into a fit tool and neither of them require the power diagnostic system using a character with minimum skills required to fly the fits, so dropping the power diagnostic system leaves an additional slot open for something else like that 3rd drone damage amp, third hardener or the Omni Directional Tracking Enhancer I to help your drones. There is no advantage to having unused CPU, Power grid or calibration so push them to the limit.

Change the Medium Automated Carapace Restoration to a Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I for better tank dps.

Drone link augmentor is optional here and you should base it’s use on your personal preference. With that said here are two different ideas on that subject. Without the DLA your drones control range is greater than the range on your guns so if you can hit them with the guns you are in drones control range. Advantage here is a second salvage beam to help with that. With the DLA your drones control range is slightly greater than your targeting range so anything you can target your drones can kill. The negative aspect to this is that the greater the distance between your ship and the target means your drones are exposed to damage for a greater period of time which will increase your risk of losing drones. Yes the risk is minimal in level 1 or 2 missions and similar difficulty DeD sites, but as you move up the difficulty ladder drones being shot at will happen more and so will drones loss. Learning to keep your drones close now is easier and less expensive than trying to learn it later. My personal preference is not to use DLA until you are using sentry drones so I would recommend dropping the DLA for a second salvage beam.

[Vexor Navy Issue, Forum]

Prototype Armor Thermal Hardener I - change as needed
Prototype Armor Kinetic Hardener I - change as needed
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer I - 3rd DDA is an option here
Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I

Cap Recharger I
Cap Recharger I
Medium Cap Battery I

250mm Compressed Coil Gun I, Iridium Charge M - change ammo as needed to deal best damage type
250mm Compressed Coil Gun I, Iridium Charge M
Salvager I
Salvager I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I - want more cap change this one for another CCC
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

1 Like