Please critique my lvl3/4 Myrmidon fit

Right now I’m running a Vexor but will be moving into a Myrm soon. I barely have the skills for this fit and am focusing on Racial and Heavy drones to V next along with other drone skills. I’d like to be able to run all level 3s and some level 4s and scavenge at the same time as doing the missions. I have the afterburner for fighting and the MWD for burning to gates and other fast movement. What do you all think?

[Myrmidon, *early Simulated Myrmidon Fitting]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Reactive Armor Hardener

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link

Drone Link Augmentor I
200mm Prototype Gauss Gun
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Hobgoblin II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Ogre I x4
Hammerhead I x5

Phased Plasma M x480
Tracking Speed Script x1

1 Like

replace DC by EANM.

for L4 you may want to use 2 reps. and AB is better in that case.

2 Likes

Sweet. thanks!

Hi,

The fit is decent. What Anderson wrote is 100% it. Seeing the 2 vexors and this Myrmidon, you clearly know what you do.

I’m on mobile without EVE and Pyfa, so this will be more about feelings than about specific numbers. And I will be a little controversial as usual on the forums.

I would even suggest to you shield fit Myrmidon for L3, but more on that later. Myrmidon is a little overkill for L3 and on the other hand will struggle a in L4.

I would ditch damage control, which gives you good buffer for pvp, but gives you not so good resistances for pve. That is part of the eternal discussion if DC is good for pve. I can’t say that it’s not worth at all. Not in this case though.

You want as high resistances for mission specific damage and then rep it all against incoming damage. Don’t be keen on cap stable. Don’t really need that. Important is time.

Change damage control for mission specific active hardener and keep the adaptive hardener, whatever. They don’t stack against each other. Resistances of DC and adaptive hardener stack only against each other but not to other hardeners (unless CCP changed this recently). Little bonus.
Whatever, you might also take 2 specific hardeners for specific mission.

I would ditch the recharger in mids, feels suboptimal, mitigate that by piloting and dedicate the mid slot to drone speed or tracking enhancer.

If you go for dual rep, then I would suggest links in high slots, which will give a good boost to dual reps together with the rigs which you have. Apply rep links. They will be similar to resist links, but resist links will stack their bonus against your hardeners, but rep links will not, so you get better result with rep links.

But you don’t need dual rep for L3 anyway and you will struggle in L4 in Myrmidon. You will do it, but it will be slow.

For L3 I would go with all DPS fit and mitigate damage by range primarilly. I did L3 in low sec mainly and have limited knowledge of them, but you can do them easily in a cruiser.

MWD and Republic fleet cap battery which has same power grid fitting requirements as the compact battery, but will give you more bang. Remaining 3 slots dedicated to drones. Speed and tracking.

I would even consider shield fit, but since you have 3 drone damage amplifiers already, then you are good to go anyway and you still can enhance drones in mid slots.

Dominix would be much better for L4 yet Dominix is a “pain” for L4 in terms of speed of completion. But Myrmidon is even worse.

For L4 you need basically 4 things:

1. Interceptor for blitzing the ”Recon” mission (the mission is 3 parts, but do only 1st part). Mission always spawns in the system where your agent is. It is 2 mins in interceptor for 2000+LP, 5+mils ISK easily.

2. Machariel for blitzing specific missions for agent standings only. Like Dread pirate scarlet or Pirate invasion (not really necessary to do any other mission if you have faction standings). Dread pirate scarlet is legendary, but the invasion can be blitzed also very very fast with MJD to the carrier wreck, kill the 6 battleships only and warp off. You need DPS for that. Don’t go under 700+ Cherry on top of the cake is that the mission always spaws in the same system as your agent is located. Blitz for standings only, because you want burners.

3. Frigates for burners. Burners were nerfed in past, yet they are still very rewarding in terms of LP which can be burned into something usefull. I will not write here what exactly for obvious reasons. You will figure it out. There are more options. You can still hit 200 mils per hour in high sec with very little risk… if you enjoy it, but you can do them casually for a little less, for they are cool. Angel dramiel is soo cool… not the most rewarding but simply fun (yet way way higher than regular annihilate everything L4’s)

4. Faction standings. Takes time. But then you can literally cherry pick missions. Worth it 10/10 and most important one.

This was not critique. You are doing very good.

Cheers and hit me in game for whatever comes on your mind.

BB

1 Like

WOW. Thanks for such a detailed reply. I have read about many of the things you mentioned but the way you describe everything really makes it all come together. After running a few L3 missions in my Myrm I was thinking that I needed more damage and you’ve given me all the info I need to do that.

Thanks!!

I was thinking something like this for the Myrmidon:

[Myrmidon, Myrmidon fit]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Drone Navigation Computer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script

Drone Link Augmentor II
Skirmish Command Burst II, Rapid Deployment Charge
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Caldari Navy Vespa x5
Caldari Navy Wasp x4

Optimal Range Script x2

Hardener(s) and drones as per specific mission and damage. Heavy drones will give you 544DPS and you will still have reasonable aplication with the enhancers. It is DPS fit on the expense of tank for L3. It could be adjusted more to tank easily if needed. Even dual large cap battery would be feasible if you need capacitor. Just experiment and you will figure out what you need.

1 Like

Hey @Aindarn_Heluene,

Out of curiosity I bought the fitting in a minor trade hub for a ridiculos price, well what to expect :slight_smile:

I made the fit in pyfa, out of the blue, so I wanted to try that. I found a L3 agent, declined a lot and then I accepted 2 missions which seemed difficult. I went in without links, T2 battery instead of the faction one and lazy mod active adaptive hardener instead of the specific resist hardener (drone mission lol).

In terms of DPS it wrecked havoc with heavy drones. Medium drones were good as backup for frigates but not really not necessary, and light drones were doing 9km/s but were not needed at all for too low DPS.

Tank was holding well. In first mission I was in shield only ( MWD and range control) and second mission I experimented and went full in to see, I was barely holding while brawling, which was not necessary to do at all. But the fit was holding… even without overheating… in situation I shall never get into…

So final touch I would probably change the rigs for hyperspatial T1 to shorten time of completion of missions. Tank was not an issue.

But you won’t end up with L3s anyways, so this Myrmidon will serve for a limited number of missions likely and then you will move on, so the rigs won’t matter that much.

Anyway, let us know how are you doing.

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.