Feedback on Vexor Fit

Hello, I am pretty new to the game and have been working on this fit to scan down combat sites. It works pretty well but is very slow to warp, especially with everything running. Was just looking to see if I was in the ballpark or is this a hot mess to you vets. Thanks

Vexor
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Armor Repairer I
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Drone Navigation Computer I
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Core Probe Launcher I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Auto Targeting System I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x8

Core Scanner Probe I x8

Okay, from now on, export your fits, then paste it. This will format the fit properly so that others can easily import it into Pyfa or the in game fitting too.

Second, prop mods increase your mass, and make you take longer to align. And since you’re running an oversized prop, it will have a particularly drastic effect. So be sure to turn off your prop mod before aligning. Training Evasive Manuevering and Spaceship command will further reduce your align times.

Third, your fit looks pretty good. However, I definitely recommend trading the T1 armor rep for the Medium I-a Enduring Armor Repairer though. It reps slightly more, uses less cap, and has no disadvantages over the T1 variant.

Forth, I highly recommend training your fitting and cap skills so that you can replace some fitting mods with more damage and damage application mods (or tank mods if needed). So, train skills like Power Grid Management, Capacitor Systems Operation, Capacitor Management, Afterburner, and Fuel Conservation.

Also, sometimes, all you need is a cheap implant to make a fit work. So don’t forget about implants such as the EG-601.

Sisters core scanning will also beef up your scanning abilities for a reasonable increase in price. And you’ll likely need all the help you can get since you’re a newbro rolling in an unbonused ship. The sisters core probe launcher will also help, but it’s also rather expensive for a newbro. So, I’d probably skip on it if I were you. And, of course, training your scanning skills will help.

Finally, mutaplasmids can sometimes really help a fit out, even when on a budget. For example, say you need Power Grid and Cap, want to keep the speed bonus positive, but don’t need any crazy bonuses, and have some CPU to spare. In this case, you wouldn’t need a god roll with all amazing stats. You can treat CPU as a dump stat, and go for a roll that meets your capacitor and powergrid requirements (figuring out what you need is a lot easier with PYFA). And if you get a zeus roll with all green stats, you can sell it. This might help you offset your costs, but it can sometimes result in a nice profit. Moreover, the cost of rolling certain abyssals can be really cheap. For example, the decayed 100MN Afterburner Mutaplasmid has a jita buy of only 42k isk. And the 100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner is running about 140k. Thus, if you use buy orders, you can roll out 25 of them for about 5mil (it would also be cheap to roll out some Decayed+Med Meta Armor Reps). Should give you a rather good chance of getting what you need, as long as you don’t need ridiculously good stats.

Do note, however, that I recommend treating abyssals as a probability problem, and don’t try to gamble with them (i.e. roll a few expensive modules in the hope of getting a lucky roll). Many people try this, and end up suffering from “rollers remorse.” So, I like to roll stacks of anywhere between 10 and 100, depending on the stats I need, the number of attributes that can altered, and how many units I need. I then expect a certain percentage to be bricked, a portion to be suitable for my needs, a portion to be worth saving for other stuff, and a portion to be worth selling.

Hopefully, that all made sense. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

And welcome to Eve.

No P2W

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the feedback. It was awesome! I am 100% on the first 6 paragraphs. I have SOE high enough and enough LP to get the sisters scanner and launcher. I will switch out the repair mod post haste. You lost me at finally. Everything after that was another language to me.

Don’t worry about rolling abyssal yet. Just work on getting your engineering (powergrid, fitting, cpu) skills up and you can swap out some of those other power modules for more useful things.

It’s nothing you need to worry about right now, but it is a way to make custom mods. Some people use it to make super expensive, god-tier mods, but the system can also be used to make mods that are cheap to make and have a good power to cost ratio. The random nature of the system, however, means that you can also wind up with mods that are worse than what you started with. So, I advise against using the system to “gamble”.

Usually, Eve University has some really good articles, but I find their one on Abyssal mods to be rather lacking. So, you might want to do a youtube search to find out more. I haven’t watched any of the videos, however, so I can’t speak to the quality of any advice they might offer.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Abyssal_modules

thank you for the contract. Can I pay you?

That is just a kind reminder that tech 2 rigs can be absurdly expensive. Try to stay with the t1 rigs.

Of course the t2 rigs are better but if you want to fly cost effective, even if you explode more often, that fit will be easier on your wallet to replace if you lose it.

Another reminder, for all that it’s worth, your capacitor only has to last 22 minutes at the most.

1 Like

No. Don’t mention it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.