First time trying to make a fit

You cant change damage type with hybrids/lasers, but you can change ammo for different ranges. Yes i know the dmg spread from kin/therm or em/therm varies but thats not the reason you use different ammos on hybrids/lasers.

Generally you use the shortrange ammos unless you really want to be at really long ranges.

1 Like

Whoops got my hydrids and projectiles mixed up, thank you for pointing that out.

Actually the damage spread is one of the major reasons why you should change ammo with hybrids. Across all sizes the range difference is only a matter of a second or two at max and in a PvE environment you can easily make that up with the better killing speed offered by selecting ammo with the proper damage spread.

1 Like

You are kinda forgetting the massive damage differences in closerange and longrange ammos.
Please look the numbers :slight_smile:

On projectiles you ofcourse pick the right type of (usually shortrange) ammo.

1 Like

Hybrids & their ammo are kinda 1 dimensional
Lots of damage with low range (Anti-Matter Rounds & Blasters), or
Lots of range with low damage (Iron Rounds & Railguns).

Iā€™m gonna suggest a few changes to your build, but I will also explain them
optional choices will be denoted by the # symbol
(all given figures assume maxed skills, Tech 2 modules and the Serpentis damage profile)

Rigs
1 Cap Control Circuit
#0-2 Aux Nano Pump
#0-2 Nanobot Accelerator

2 Nano Pumpā€™s really pushes up the Armour HP Repaired per cycle
Cap stable and can sustain around ~280dps, reps ~520hp per 9s cycle

1 Pump + 1 Accelerator repairs less HP per cycle, but cycles faster
Cap lasts ~48m and can sustain ~298dps, reps ~440hp per 7.2s cycle

2 Accelerators really pushes the cycle rate at the expense of cap stability
Cap lasts ~5m and can sustain ~310dps, reps ~370hp per 5.7s cycle

Low Slots
2 Armour Thermal Hardener
1 Armour Kinetic Hardener
1 Medium Armour Repairer
2 Drone Damage Amps

The Serpentis Damage Profile is EM 0%, EXP 0% KIN 37.85% THM 62.15%
using 2+1 Armour hardeners offers the best damage reduction for a reasonable number of slots used and gives 84.73% THM & 70.75% KIN resistance, most of the incoming damage is absorbed by your tank.

Mid Slots
1 10mn Afterburner
1 Large Capacitor Battery
#0-2 Drone Navigation Computers
#0-2 Omnidirectional Tracking Link + Tracking Speed Script

2 DNCā€™s give Ogres a max mwd speed of ~3000m/s, this lets them reach targets quicker and be recalled faster when in trouble, with the changes to NPC targeting priorities mobility is very important for drones.
The OTLā€™s with tracking script will allow heavy drones to hit even small targets like frigates much easier when combined with the base bonus from the ship-hull

High Slots
#0/2 Blasters
#0/2 Railguns
2 Empty Slots

The hull gives no bonus to weapons, nor are any modules fitted to assist with application.
Depending on the range you operate at, and any skill-based bonus to tracking you have will largely determine whether you fit blasters for more damage or railguns for more range/better tracking.

Dronebay
5x Ogres
5x Salvage Drones
5x Hobgoblins

Ogres make full use of the 125 bandwidth, damage application & base travel speed are both enhanced by training Gallente Cruiser due to an embedded hull bonus, you can further enhance 1 or both of these aspects through module choices.
Iā€™ve not recommended Sentry drones as they are stationary, deploying them will mean forgoing your ships agility and 700m/s speed to reduce incoming damage. Whilst using the afterburner you wonā€™t be within scoop range if attempting to orbit deployed sentries.

The reason there are 2 empty high slots is simply a matter of CPU/PG requirements, a T2 fit as listed above leaves ~5CPU and ~50PG unused

The base 60km drone control range is more than sufficient and is well within the ships maximum targeting range of 65.6km, this makes a Drone Link redundant unless a Sensor Booster is also fitted.

2 Likes

"Mid Slots
1 10mn Afterburner"
You wanted to say 100mn, i dont think there are 110 mn afterburner?
Equiping antimatter dont make the point of trying to stay away and using drones a little pointless?

1 Like

no its a 1 space 10mn afterburner
1 for 1x
10mn for cruiser/bc sized

though itā€™s possible that you could fit 1 100mn afterburner at the expense of all high slots
I havenā€™t checked if there is enough PG to do so

If by using drones and staying away you mean ranged sniping
the best platform are ships like the Dominix, Rattlesnake etc
they can launch Sentries and fit an MJD
which allow them to keep npc targets at ~100km range

Itā€™s my opinion that the Vexor does well as a mobile brawler
brawling of course depends on getting right into the face of the npcā€™s
you donā€™t need long range options under those circumstances
this is another reason why there is no drone link in the fit
Using drones does not necessarily mean that you are looking to keep your distance
This is how I fly ships like the Ishkur, Gila, Rattlesnake & Dominix ā€¦ shortranged weapons + optimised tank and itā€™s vastly more entertaining & engaging than sniping at them from extreme ranges

I havenā€™t recommended an ammo type, I just pointed out the 2 extremes of hybrid design

#edit
on the subject of Ammo ā€¦ itā€™s possible to use selectable ammo loads by fitting Projectiles
this of course means that the account is paid and not an Alpha
the hull gives no bonus to weapons, so anything can be fitted, even lazers
Projectiles use no Cap
which is another benefit to the fit

#2nd edit
Have a look some of the wikiā€™s at eve uni (Turrets & Tracking apply equally to drones)
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Tanking_101
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Tracking#Tracking
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Turret_Damage
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Turret_mechanics
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Drones

1 Like