Vexor PVE active armor

Hi I want to go back to Vexor to do some level 2 missions.
Gnosis is pretty good for level 3 but I need practice more in level 2 I think.

I’ve noticed a lot of people using 100mn afterburner instead of 10mn on Vexor.
But the capacitor will run dry if turning on for too long. I don’t know what is the style.
For some reasons as a new player I kind of like capacitor balance…
Anyway, I hope you can help to improve my fit, maybe change my rigs or low slot:

[Vexor, *tigeryi’s Vexor]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Drone Navigation Computer I
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Thorium Charge M
Antimatter Charge M

Hobgoblin II x5
Federation Navy Ogre x2
Hammerhead II x5

Kiters use high speed for defense: long-range weapons, over-sized AB or MWD to control range.
“Pulse” the modules when you need range, then turn them off.

I used to use a T1/T1 Vexor tuned (IIRC) for 75 km range for L2’s.
It’s been a while, so some of this might be wrong, but here’s what I remember:

• I ddn’t use an Armor Repper while in combat. If I was getting seriously damaged I’d leave and (IIRC) rep with drones
  • The speed-enhancer I used required careful handling: I think it would have drained my cap (max to zero) in 10 seconds or so :slight_smile:
  • One less gun, one more Link Augmentor
  • Maybe a rig for drone range (not sure - it might have been temporary - they have an annoying penalty)

BTW - I never fitted any T2 modules on my Vexors. I couldn’t afford them :slight_smile: You should be able to fit for more damage and perhaps better range than I ever could.

The 100mn afterburners are used on Vexor Navy Issue (VNI), a popular ratting (destroying npc pirates to get the bounties) ship where the ship can be capacitor-stable because it has a better power setup than a regular Vexor.

One cannot repair one’s own ship with one’s own drones.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s been a long time since I logged in, and I’ve forgotten some stuff. I would certainly have wanted to use my own drones to repair my armor, but if it’s not possible I can’t have done it :slight_smile:

I know I didn’t use an armor repper while fighting (not enough cap), but I did have access to one.

I might have had one fitted but only for use when I was 100% safe.

Don’t fit a Reactive Armor Hardener when you’re low on capacitor. You fitted a Droneboat, some players even don’t fit guns at all or just one for aggro. But I like some guns for the feeling, they shouldn’t be a big cap problem.
You block 4 slots (2med, 2 rig) just for cap in a (sniping) Drone boat, that’s quite much. The 10mn AB should still be cap stable, do you get that much Damage in L2 missions you need a continuously running Armor Repairer? Just one or two circles will do most jobs, your drone range should be more than 50 km.
So I propose a Target Painter - bigger signature radius, easier to hit, and it shows the drones where to aggress. Also a Webifier - slows down nearby frigs, thus easier to hit. Side effect: That’s how I learned to handle these modules.
You can even fit some drone rigs instead, for drone speed, range, or durability. You just have to find out how much Cap you need to feel comfortable. You don’t have to be cap stable to have fun and be successful.
And if you don’t like empty slots like me, you can fit an Auto Targeting System in high. Somewhat handy for laid back ratting.

2 Likes

omnidirectional tracking link with tracking speed script.

1 Like

this is a good advise thx

yeah true need to take out some slots for just capacitor.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.