Nerfed Vexor

So, Lifeblood has reduced the Vexor’s power core by 100 as part of the alpha ship rebalance. Personally I’m not too bothered about this, although 100 less power grid is certainly something, however a corpmate’s fit became unusable after this.

So, any opinions on this nerf? And any recommended fits for the new Vexor? (I’m not sure what fit to go for either :stuck_out_tongue:slight_smile:

What is the fit your friend can no longer fly?
Curious because many of the Vexor fits I fly are under 275 PG and given the base 375 PG none of them should cause problems for an alpha.

How far over PG is your friends ship?
Adding a power core may solve the problem by increasing PG but that will take up a low slot.
Ancillary Current router in a rig slot may do the trick as well.
A power grid implant might work.
If none of them do the trick alone some combination of them may work.

What type and level of activity do you want a fit for?

Was your corpmate fitting an oversize AB? I suspect the nerf is specifically intended to make this more difficult.

I will look at the fit as he didn’t specify, but for me I want a fit for PvE to run combat sites and maybe DED complexes. I find belt ratting in low sec a little too risky to throw my Vexor in.

This is another corpmate’s fit, he had to downgrade the guns from 250mm to 200mm, although i think he went a little ham on the cap rechargers.

[Vexor,]
Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Experimental Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Experimental Armor Thermal Hardener I
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

250mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin I x5
Hammerhead I x5

Uranium Charge M x320

Have not looked a this with a fit tool so these are just some ideas to look at.

For tank consider changing one of the hardeners for a damage control and then changing the remaining hardener to boost resists against the primary damge type the NPC you are facing will shoot.

Drop one of the cap rechargers for a cap battery this usually improves cap life.

Replace one of the capacitor control circuits with the T2 variant that will increase cap as well.

Drop the other cap circuit and replace with either an Auxiliary Nano Pump or a Nanobot Accelerator which ever gives the best tank.

To help cap you could look into using Auto canon instead of rail guns, essentially you are trading higher power grid needs and a little less damge for longer cap life. I am not sure if the racial lockouts of the alpha state applies to weapons so this may not be possible.

Not sure why you need the Ancillary Current Router, see the fit below. Even with power grid hungry auto canon this fit only uses 274 power grid, which should still work for an alpha clone.

[Vexor]

Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Tracking Computer II
10MN Afterburner II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Drones to suit your needs / wants.

this was a decent setup for stealing event loot , when you can start at zero km. and use the blasters .

[Vexor, med guns]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
Warp Scrambler II
10MN Afterburner II

Heavy Electron Blaster II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

medium guns no longer fit , and the small gun setup now requires a PG rig instead of being able to fit 3 rep rigs … so after nerf you lose about 50 dps and about 50 dps off the tank :stuck_out_tongue:

Vexor

5% medium hybrid turret damage per level. Just a thought.

Because lower cap use, you know just a thought.

Noticed that you choose to ignore the portion of the post where I specifically mentioned they would be trading some damage for better cap.

When the player that developed the posted fit has devoted 5 slots to increase cap recharge rate it tells us that cap use is a high priority consideration. Since I am advocating reductions to the cap recharge rate of the fit it seems the best thing to do is offer options that reduce the cap use as well.

Now back to that damage thing, using the fit I posted and a character with all skills set to level 5 we get a little over 142 DPS from the T2 auto canon. Change to a full rack of 250mm Railguns T2 and using Federation Navy Antimatter ammo we get just a little over 162 dps, or a whooping increase of 20 dps. For a ship intended for PvE activities and a player that has a demonstrated concern for cap use (witness the 5 slots dedicated to it) I will go with the lower dps / lower cap use option as a recommendation every day and in all circumstances.

Meh, there’s ships like that I now use to run game play that is not your normal approach, the vexor is now a cheap salvage and anom runner, and surveyor.

I use my vexor for roaming combat PvE. Normal fit 2 guns and a probe launcher so I don’t have to run 2 ships. Drones do most the work anyway.

I tried doing DeD 4/10 sites in my vexor and was cake till the boss battleships were speed tanking my drones when I pull range to get out of his blaster range. And didn’t have the DPS to out pace his reps.

I swapped to a Thorax just for the DeD sites. Love my vexor all the rest of the time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.