VNI missioning/ratting

Hi!
I’m fitting a VNI for missioning, and probably ratting in the future, so does this fit fit? If not, please let me know. Thanks! =)

P.S : Please keep in mind that I’m Alpha…

[Vexor Navy Issue, Jorg Estemaire’s Vexor Navy Issue]

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer I
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I

Cap Recharger I
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Shield Booster II
Large Shield Extender I

Drone Link Augmentor I
Core Probe Launcher I
Salvager I
Small Focused Modal Laser I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Berserker I x5

Core Scanner Probe I x8
Antimatter Charge S x1071
Radio S x1
Drone Damage Amplifier I x1
Large Shield Extender II x1

It depends on your skills, log on and simulate it.

Are you going to be ratting anoms in null sec?

Now I’m about 234dps with my range of skills, but I haven’t upgrade all drones skill to the max like drone interfacing or drone sharpshooting,etc… or even Medium Drones is not fully upgraded. I just want to know can these kind of drones survive for level 2-3 missions? (Cause I need to make some money for equipment first, then I’ll go onto ratting, and maybe I’ll change the fitting when starting to rat)

Now I’m about 234dps with my range of skills, but I haven’t upgrade all drones skill to the max like drone interfacing or drone sharpshooting, etc… or even Medium Drones is not fully upgraded.
I just want to know can these kind of drones survive for level 2-3 missions?
(Cause I need to make some money for equipment first, then I’ll go onto ratting, and maybe I’ll change the fitting when starting to rat)

You need to improve your drone skills, however years ago when I was in Stain belt ratting I found that I needed at least 220 DPS in my drake to break the Tyrant BS’s. So I would think that you will be able to level 2-3 missions fine. As for drones surviving just make sure to pull your drones in when taking damage, you might have to set your orbit closer in so that the NPC’s focus on you, you will have to do this by trial and error.

There are changes I would make to that fit. This is the VNI I was using to do forsaken hubs in Catch.

[Vexor Navy Issue, Danker]
Co-Processor II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
EM Ward Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Drone Navigation Computer II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Civilian Gatling Railgun

Medium Ionic Field Projector I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Praetor II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

I was quite often using two VNI’s in the same site and the gun was to enable me to assign drones to my main from the other characters. If solo I would have a medium neut on it for ceptors.

I found the optimal range to orbit was 40 km to keep aggro and enough speed. This was for Sansha rats by the way.

The ship is based on my skills so you won’t get near it but 652.4 DPS.

One point I would make is that you should note the resists to use for your NPC’s.

This fit will do fine for any level 2. It is trash to be completely honest but that’s the way you learn. Keep flying and learn from what goes wrong, you’ll feel better if you find things out for yourself.

I’m quiet new to using VNI, so can you tell me what’s the good way to kill with drones?
For me now it seem very frustrated (not hard) 'cause I don’t know what to orbit, and the speed of my ship’s low, so Salvaging is kinda (I mean very) slow, I have bought and MTU, but I don’t know what’s the efficient way to use it (yet).

P.S: I know that this fit is far from perfection 'cause I’ve tried it on a level 2 mission (!) and the fit doesn’t match 'cause my drones move too fast for my VNI to catch up, and the AB consume too much energy (and after that I realized Berserkers are Mimmitar drones and I’m Gallente XD, that’s why the drones are so damn fast, maybe I’ll replace it with Ogre instead)

There are skill issues there. Cap is an issue for the VNI and it gimps your fit a lot if your core skills are not up to it. I don’t understand why you are worried that your VNI cannot keep up with the drones. As for drones you use the drones which work for the mission type in terms of the damage they do and the opponents weakness.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.