VNI for Level 2-3 missions

Umm, I’m looking for a good fit for my VNI, and came up with the following fit (I’m alpha) for doing mission of level 2-3

[Vexor Navy Issue, Jorg Estemaire’s Vexor Navy Issue]

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I

Cap Recharger I
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Shield Booster II
Large Shield Extender II

Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Is this enough, or should I buy/trash anything? (I’m not including drones in here)

1 Like

I’m no build expert, just wanted to say hello and welcome! :slight_smile: VNI is super overkill for level 2 missions, and probably overkill for level 3’s even. So that build should be fine. I’m sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if it isn’t. :slight_smile:

What do you think I should include for the rest 3 high slot (currently there’s only 1 high slot taken by the drone link augmentor) or just leave as this is?

Salvagers and/or tractor beams if you dont use MTU to gather wrecks in one pile…

Agreed. I would use an MTU for gather myself, let the drones wreck things, salvagers to kill time while they do their job.

Edit: My routine is warp in, launch drones, drop MTU, bookmark MTU, orbit MTU at the highest distance that leaves me within 5k / salvaging range of the wrecks it brings in (varies depending on speed and agility of ship).

You now have something that will pull in wrecks even if you warp out, and a bookmark so if you leave something behind you can come back to it. When site is complete, recall drones, scoop the MTU, pick up the loot container it drops, then and only then remove the bookmark and warp to the next fight. Get in the routine of doing it that way and you’ll never lose drones or MTUs again. (Well, not from warping away and leaving them behind, that is)

Enjoy your VNI, you might lose access to it soon.

VNI is gross overkill for L2 and L3 missions.

You would probably do better in a standard Vexor so you have bonused turrets. Stnd Vexor will probably put out more effective dps as the VNI relies on using heavy drones which are very slow and have poor tracking. If you switch to scout or medium drones you will be doing less damage than a standard Vexor with its drones plus turrets. Turrets help to kill quickly as they avoid some of the drone travel time.
100mn afterburner is fairly pointless in L2/3 - I wouldn’t even use one in L4s.

1 Like

Why would you need a VNI for that?

VNI is bonused for drones. Use it as a focused droneboat or use a gunboat if you prefer guns.

Drone link augmenter in high. small laser with radio crystal to draw aggro off your drones (no ammo needed), probe launcher.
Keep the 100mn afterburner (speed tanking goood) and shield booster. omnidirectional tracking link with tracking speed script, drone navigation computer.
Only need 3 drone damage amp after that stacking penalties make the slot better used for something else. A damage control module until you get used to how the ship handles (not used for pve all the time it is mostly for pvp, but you choose of course). Couple capacitor power relays.
Train drone navigation, drone interfacing, drone durability, and other drone skills up.

VNI, as mentioned, is overkill for level 2 and most 3.

How likely is it that he just wants to farm them afk?

between 0 and 1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.