2018/07/19 - UALX-3 Node Death

It is not the celebration. It is a pathetic attempt to blame goons in node crash. Sort of trolling. You do not understand if you did not followed the current Eve null sec political issues.

1 Like

Awwww.

The Null Sec political issues in Eve has nothing to do with the stability of the Eve server which should be a paramount concern for all players.

2 Likes

GJ on saving PL CCP, but we dont really careā€¦they will loose their caps on the next fight!
#ISKPositiveonceagain

I wasnā€™t there personally (EUTZ subcap pilot) but the server held surprisingly well for quite some time from what Iā€™ve heard.
But in the end they cooked it hard and I have an inner vista of it quietly steaming at auto-shutdown temperature at the end. EvE may have had bigger battles before but make no mistake: This was a massive one and there was a fuckton of Fighters on grid.

The spin from both sides is, as usual, the funniest part about it.

Especially because there are reasons for both sides to feel as winners. Imperial Legacy seems to have lost the ISK war as per preliminary battle reports but we hold the field and the loot is ours.
It all will depend on whether or not the North-Eastern block can extract their fleets and what secondary losses they will take in the process. Plus until they have done so, Legacy is free to play Providence 2.0 Entosis warfare wherever we want with their Super fleets bound up.

Interesting times!

1 Like

3 Likes

next time can yall live stream the server room?

And you just fell for one of the biggest concern trolls on the forum.

Not compare to their precious supersā€¦ PL, Holy league and Triā€™s super fleet got saved by the node crash.

On one hand, I was happy to get a few hours of sleep before work. On the otherā€¦ ā– ā– ā– ā–  are my balls ever blue. We burned our super fleet across the damn universe, and 1 jump out the node dies.

Performance started out really good. Likeā€¦ we were sitting at 3500, modules were cyling, ships were dying, and disconnects were infrequent. We were playing, I was having fun. Shot all the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  fighters in the universe, and RLML reloads in TiDi are all the opportunity you need to step away and go have a snack.

Over the next 8+ hours, performance slowly got worse. Disconnects started happening regularly, reconnecting took forever, modules started cycling about 10 mins after you activate them, and target locks just didnā€™t happen. As a server admin, my first thought as to cause would be that the server got too hot and started throttling for thermal regulation until the server software deadlocked.

The end was interesting. The node was up. I could look around, it was like TiDi went right up to 100%. My invulns for example, sat mid-way through a cycle without progressing. I redlit them and they sat flashing red. I couldnā€™t safelog, only log off.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  lol, having just spent 4 1/2 hours gating a superfleet across Eve between jumps, when the EUTZ FC that took over the fleet said ā€œsorry dudes, node is dead. Lets turn around and go homeā€. Nopeā€¦ nopeā€¦ nopeā€¦ Iā€™m going to BED haha.

I donā€™t think the impact will be as significant as Proviā€¦ I know we only burned about half our super fleet. The timing was really shitty, a lot of the USTZ folks went to bed and a lot of the EUTZ folks were still in bed when the fleet left. Weā€™ll still have critical mass to dunk ā– ā– ā– ā– .

@CCP_Falcon Iā€™d be very interested in a post-mortem analysis from CCP on the servers.

At the end of the day, it doesnā€™t matter what you give usā€¦ weā€™ll always melt it because weā€™ll always put more people in system every time you make it run better. Canā€™t fault CCP for that, we basically need a bottomless pit that we canā€™t fill and thatā€™s not possible.

But, that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m not curious to know which hamster got stuck in the wheel first.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.