75 000 Euros To Fill All Buy Order For PLEX

ROFL! :smiley: Same here (though I donā€™t rate my chances, as Iā€™ve heard that to even stand a chance to win, one first has to buy some sort of piece of paper, or somethingā€¦ Hardly seems worth it.)

1 Like

I buy a single ticket every week.
Imo, its worth it for a shot at getting very rich overnight, no matter how remote the chance.

In Finland the lottery company is legally bound to donate to charity and operate as non-profit, so its a small contribution back to this country anyways.

Corrected it. Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™ve always called the lottery a ā€œstupid taxā€. Your tax is directly related to how stupid you are, with the most stupid people buying way too many tickets. Not a personal attack, buying one ticket a week means you arenā€™t that stupid :wink:

That said, the donation aspect makes it a little less stupidā€¦ but only marginally so.

3 Likes

Costs me 1euro per week (52e/year) for a chance at becoming a millionaire.
Chances are small, but infinitely more than not participating.
Frankly, even if I never win, its worth it for the feel of that ticket in my wallet and dreaming of what I would do with the winnings.
And yeah, even that small amount is to a non-profit that donates profits to charity.

I have just as much chance as anyone else.

I never gamble otherwise, but 1e for even a minute chance at millions is just too good to pass up on.

1 Like

But youā€™re in Finland, isnā€™t 1 million Euro just enough to buy lunch or something? Everything is so expensive in Finland. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rarely is it merely 1 million euros in the pot

With the winnings I can move to Estonia/Greece or anywhere else cheap in the world, invest the rest, and live the rest of my life off interest/rent/dividends perfectly happy in a humble lifestyle, as well as securing the well-being of my family.

2 Likes

You misunderstand why people plex. I dont like the current plex prices but making isk is easy and since it is why not use it to save a small amount of real life cash?

Now, people who plex but donā€™t like doing eve style pve (and complain that it feels like a job), yea thats pretty stupid.

1 Like

When is the last time you bought PLEX?

How many PLEX, in the years you have played, have you bought?

Ive never bought PLEX, and never will, unless I win the lottery and fill the entire market with them just for lols and to leave my indelible fingerprint in EVE.

Interesting thought @ OP.

One thing to consider with your thought is that plex is a consumable, so once its consumed more is required to fulfil a desire.

Yes the person buying all of them will have all of the current plex, but time will pass and more plex would be brought from ccp and put on the market and pretty soon millions would be available for sale.

The plex market would be disturbed for a few days and the plex price would rise until there is enough plex to satisfy the demand. If youre talking about the forge plex market alone then it would bounce back within a couple of weeks.

I think everyone knows that.

Sold PLEX != Consumed PLEX

CCP statements confirm PLEX is typically sold back and forth many times before being sunk.

What we dont know, is how much PLEX there is stockpiled in this game.

If I was to spend 75k euro on PLEX to fill the market, I would cause a catastrophic collapse in PLEX price on the market. You are utterly wrong that it would recover in a few weeks.

I will have introduced 75k euro worth of PLEX overnight, and caused a huge surplus compared to the current PLEX introduction rate either into the game, and more importantly, to the player market.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard of new npcā€™s that attack players and structures and are very hard to beat. I think its great CCP are looking at NPC AI and changing it.

Hopefully soon we will see missions where the NPCā€™s have advanced tactics and play styles. Maybe we will see missions where players have to work together and analyse the missionā€¦perhaps the missions could push players to use ECM, tracking disrution, and repping as part of a well organised ratting fleet.

We need more things like burner type missions, I do feel that pve can be a little stale and that ccp are not utilizing the full capability of programming possibilities with regard to npc AI.

Completely disagree.

Burner missions are already exploited by older players with sufficient SP spread to run them exclusively, at no risk and often hilariously small/cheap ships/fits.

Burner missions are a failure on CCPs part, which is leveraged/exploited by older players with mechanical efficiency.

This depends entirely on standing.
Its easily remedied.

ECM, in all its forms, doesnt work on NPCs, afaik. Repping just makes you the primary NPC target. Aggros the hell out of them.

1 Like

Check the threads about the newest pve ccp put out. Resourse wars, fobs , mining fleets.

All as dead as drifters. Very few people doing the content. People say they want better pve all the time but when it comes people try it and go right back to so called boring missions and anomaliesā€¦

1 Like

Well that depends. Value is subjective. If Salvos buys a ticket and then he entertains himself with how heā€™d spend the money in the unlikely event he did win while stuck in traffic or some other less than appealing activityā€¦maybe it isnā€™t so stupid. Sure on a purely expected value basis it is stupid. But I think people who spend money on Thomas Kinkade paintings would be better off burning that money (that at least could keep them warm on a cold evening)ā€¦but that is what they like soā€¦so be it.

1 Like

I agree, people will re-invest more isk and chew through the excess plex on the market in a few days. then it would go back to normal.

2 Likes

I never plexā€™ed in my life, I could have done it a dozen times over when I was subbing. I played enough to enjoy myself and fund my space ship addiction.

I played for 2 years. Been an alpha for 4 months I guess, ONLY because I donā€™t have the line like I did when I was single. I used to be on eve 6 hours most nites. Now Iā€™m not on usually less than 3 hours a weekā€¦

I used to buy plex all the time and gtcs before plex. Then I got to a point where I could make way more isk than I needed and have mostly bought plea with isk.

2 Likes

How long ago was that point?

How much is ā€œmostly bought with iskā€, rather than cash?

If 75k euros more PLEX introduced in one month is to be considered a drop in the ocean, that indicates how bad/large the PLEX stockpiles situation has gotten in-game.

We can only speculate on how much PLEX CCP sells per month (not including free Buddy PLEX).

If it was, say, 75k euro worth per month, that would be 900k euros per year.
That would be 3751 individual purchases of 600 PLEX each, per month, on average, amounting to 2.25mil PLEX/month, and 27mil PLEX/year.

That would mean about 10% of current max PCU are buying PLEX, monthly, on average.

However, that rate of PLEX introduction, is only sufficient for 4500 ingame subs per month vs the current max registered PCU in this January so far of ~40k.

So sufficient only for ~10% of PCU.
(Which matches the ~10% proportion of PLEX introducers).