There’s also command boost for turret optimal range, as well as tracking computers. One does not exclude the other.
Tracking is irrelevant for miners.
Why do you keep saying nonsense?
You know… some of those stationary rocks that are several miles in diameter are difficult to hit with lasers from a ship that also doesn’t move…
Dont you know tracking computers can be used to increase range?
There are several but mining is definitely the playstyle that you should perform as a group activity, may it be corp or just public mining fleets. This is an MMO afterall. ![]()
Can’t you bring home the ore then once done undock and jetcan the ore then undock with the orca, grab the ore and compress it?
Maybe do this at a safe spot if you worry about thieves / the system is too busy?
(Never minded in such a scale that I needed compression so no idea.)
![]()
Good question. Maybe ChatGPT told him he needs tracking for his mining fits and he has no experience to know how wrong that statement is. ![]()
![]()
Maybe the capsuleer captain is surrounded by miners as crew. ![]()
![]()
I just fit a Mackinaw with 4 Tracking Computer II mods with Optimal Range scripts.
The range did not change one bit. Me thinks you don’t know nearly as much about mining as you pretend to
Did you forget you acted like range modules arent neccerary when you can get increased range from a command boost?
I did it in the simulator. No command boosts present in the simulator… while docked…. with no other ships running.
Mining ships don’t use tracking computers.
Hence the suggestion of a mining guidance system. Guess what it does ![]()
Absolutely nothing. My mining ships have perfect accuracy on rocks.
So your guess is a mining guidance system increases accuracy?
That’s what guidance systems do.
“A missile guidance system is a combination of electronic and mechanical subsystems that direct a missile to its target by calculating its position and making continuous course corrections”
I know it’s a missile in the example here, but there aren’t a lot of guidance systems for lasers.
A mining guidance system sounds like it would increase range just like missile guidance system does
If you want to fly your mining ships without shields, go for it. Let me know where you mine so I can solo-gank your ship every day ![]()
Me? I’ll be flying my mining ships without any need for stupid nonsense equipment that I already don’t need.
Because you’re multiboxing and doing way better than solo players. But what are you going to do when only multi boxers are left playing the game?
I multibox because I wanted an Orca and the Orca is boring by itself. You can get your very own Orca. You can even go to Null Sec and get your own Rorqual. You will be doing even better than me then.
You should try flying it the way I do. I don’t use it for mining! ![]()
Of course it is boring. It is a support ship. Boost other folks and get tips. Plus some ore from the drones.
Nah. I like how I fly it- as a boosting ore freighter that follows my Hulk around.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
