A professional rant about isk sinks

I still don’t see how it can be ISK neutral if it removes but never adds ISK. Explain further. What I think you really mean is that PI doesn’t sink that much ISK, but lots of activities don’t. The ISK faucets (bounties in nullsec mainly) are the problem as far as money in the economy goes.

Answer that, and also how you would expect CCP to go about reimbursing accounts which were exclusively created for PI use (and some SP farming, which pays CCP cash for extractors, and also sinks ISK in fees and taxes).

You’re not being logical.

he answered the reimbursement already by saying basically “you can go ■■■■ yourself, the game is not yours, CCP is not robbing you”.

Which holds in a way, ccp removed offgrid boosting thus made useless accounts specifically created with that role in mind.

I doubt many people made whole off grid booster accounts. Why would you need 3 booster characters on a single account?

Also, they can still have a purpose, but characters for PI only really have PI skills.

They don’t really compare that well. My booster is fine, just more difficult to use.

I am tired of repeating myself on these issues, I have already defined what I mean by ISK Neutral and laid out what a typical reimbursement system is. If you are still confused, go reread my previous answers.

My overall concept is that CCP wants to make it so that all things are made by players. This generates two issues. The first is that by making more stuff player made, CCP is removing ISK sinks. The second is that CCP has yet to make the NPC bounty system player made, which leaves the main ISK faucet on. Not only that, but through SOV mechanics, has cranked that faucet full open.

Many people have suggested closing that ISK faucet by reducing bounty amounts or reducing the frequency of bounty payouts. I am simply making a suggestion which addresses the ISK market issues by unblocking the ISK sink instead.

Exactly. The issue is much deeper than merely the tool being used to harm yourself or others.

1 Like

I think its better to heal the system by not making faucets flood the system with ISK in the first place. If we will add more sinks, they will provoke people to flood with even more ISK.

1 Like

The problem is that too many people are focused on producing rather than destroying. The player’s objective in EVE is to entertain themselves PVP, PVE, Industry, and Trading are all valid ways to play this game; whatever floats you spaceship. The problem is coming from recent changes which makes conflict much harder, therefore there is less destruction. Not only does this hurt the PVP players, but it hurts the people that produce and trade things too. Since there is less demand for new stuff prices go down this is why the CPI is reaching record lows at the same time as ISK inflation is reaching record highs; in a healthy economy the CPI should be keeping pace with inflation or at least trending in the same direction not the opposite.

There is a symbiotic relationship between the people who play this game to create ■■■■ and the people who play this game to destroy ■■■■. We give each other the reason to log into this game. CCP has damaged this relationship with Citadels. Citadels have little upkeep costs, are hard to destroy, and when destroyed there is little reward for doing so. It should be no surprise then that the current spike in inflation began with the introduction of Citadels. To fix this

Citadels need significant upkeep cost, both in terms of materials (fuel) and ISK (someone needs to scrub the toilets)

Citadels need to be easier to destroy. The current amount of timers is absolutely ridiculous, the amount of effort needed to destroy one is way too much in terms of real world time.

Citadels need to drop the loot. Most should be destroyed, but enough should remain to make going through the trouble of sacking a Citadel worthwhile.

If this is done, people will start blowing each other up instead of rats, and the inflation issue will be solved.

4 Likes

If PI was deleted from the game, your PI alts would get reimbursed their PI skill and it would stop at that because at the end of the day, CCP reimburse the skills if they make them completely irrelevant and that’s it. Your “investement” mean ■■■■ all.

I’m sure somme people area lazy enough to sell to NPC buy orders because “mined it for free”.

show me a npc that buys PI please.

There are still places where NPC’s buy PI? Where, and what sort of price do they offer, fixed per tier?

My bad, I got some product mixed with commodities.