After returning after a 5 year absence

First of all. Maybe you did not notice (Alpha and Omega was introduced 2016), but you can play the game even without paying anything as Alpha.
An Alpha has only access to a limited number of skills. But Alpha is still good enough to do nearly everything in the game. At least all the ways (beside PI) i describe further down.

Depending on the agents and skills. But 6 Level 4 Research agents, with Skilllevel 5, should each give at least 1.1 Datacores per day.
That makes around 12000 Datacores in 5 years. Getting them cost you 120 million and they give you (depend on the types) ~1.2 billion. Makes net of a bit more than one billion (at least).
If you really expected to get 50 billion from these (this would mean ~830 million each month, or ~27 million each day), you are a bit disaffected from the past. They never gave this much. They were always a nice bonus, but nothing more. Even the past ones were about the same payout.

Planetary Intercation (PI) can also generate some passive income. But this requires an Omega account. I find it boring, but some might get some good money out of this.

If you want some easy money, go to the Invasion Systems. Ninja looter and salvager can make some good money over there. And you might be even able to do some PVP when ninja looting (if you want to).
And if you want, you can even do the low sec invasion sites. Over there you will find for sure some for PVP.

Or you can do missions, they are still good money.

If you want to do mining, go to the minor victory invasion systems. You can mine really well in the EDENCOM Field Base sites.

Another way, you can do the Emerging Conduit or EDENCOM Forward Post in a good ship. They give around 5-6 million each + loot and salvage (can be between 5 - 30 million).

Abyssal Deadspace is also really good. The Frigate sites give around 10 million each run (T1). And they can be done in a decent fit Frigate.

Or do scanning. Even as alpha there is some good money that you can make (high sec with combat sites). You can even do them in lowsec or nullsec. There is (or better was, when i was doing it) some good profit in these sites.

There is quite a lot to that you can do. But coming here and bragging that you cannot do any money is lame. With all these changes in the last years there are even more ways to do money than it was in the past. Currently there are enough ways to make some good (not “perfect” or “maxed out”) ISK.
But each of these ways could pay you the account, if you really want to plex it. And with way less than the 100 hours you mentioned.
But as i said, even an alpha clone can do quite a lot of the stuff. You do not have to pay for it to have some fun.

1 Like