After returning after a 5 year absence

yea i didnt realize how much my LP was worth, this is great! i have a good bit of funds now.

Your loss.

:V

3 Likes

I recommend going back to playing Real Life™. It’s much more satisfying.

I was doing that, but I got a 90-day suspension for insulting my genetic origins. I was drunk at the time! Now I’m here…till later.

4 Likes

You’ll miss it when it’s gone.

2 Likes

EVE was supposed to be toxic. Now it’s just give an award for just showing up.

1 Like

ms @Destiny_Corrupted is the only good route
best waifu

Mr-T-Pity-The-Fool

2 Likes

First of all. Maybe you did not notice (Alpha and Omega was introduced 2016), but you can play the game even without paying anything as Alpha.
An Alpha has only access to a limited number of skills. But Alpha is still good enough to do nearly everything in the game. At least all the ways (beside PI) i describe further down.

Depending on the agents and skills. But 6 Level 4 Research agents, with Skilllevel 5, should each give at least 1.1 Datacores per day.
That makes around 12000 Datacores in 5 years. Getting them cost you 120 million and they give you (depend on the types) ~1.2 billion. Makes net of a bit more than one billion (at least).
If you really expected to get 50 billion from these (this would mean ~830 million each month, or ~27 million each day), you are a bit disaffected from the past. They never gave this much. They were always a nice bonus, but nothing more. Even the past ones were about the same payout.

Planetary Intercation (PI) can also generate some passive income. But this requires an Omega account. I find it boring, but some might get some good money out of this.

If you want some easy money, go to the Invasion Systems. Ninja looter and salvager can make some good money over there. And you might be even able to do some PVP when ninja looting (if you want to).
And if you want, you can even do the low sec invasion sites. Over there you will find for sure some for PVP.

Or you can do missions, they are still good money.

If you want to do mining, go to the minor victory invasion systems. You can mine really well in the EDENCOM Field Base sites.

Another way, you can do the Emerging Conduit or EDENCOM Forward Post in a good ship. They give around 5-6 million each + loot and salvage (can be between 5 - 30 million).

Abyssal Deadspace is also really good. The Frigate sites give around 10 million each run (T1). And they can be done in a decent fit Frigate.

Or do scanning. Even as alpha there is some good money that you can make (high sec with combat sites). You can even do them in lowsec or nullsec. There is (or better was, when i was doing it) some good profit in these sites.

There is quite a lot to that you can do. But coming here and bragging that you cannot do any money is lame. With all these changes in the last years there are even more ways to do money than it was in the past. Currently there are enough ways to make some good (not “perfect” or “maxed out”) ISK.
But each of these ways could pay you the account, if you really want to plex it. And with way less than the 100 hours you mentioned.
But as i said, even an alpha clone can do quite a lot of the stuff. You do not have to pay for it to have some fun.

1 Like

You forgot to mention the elephant in the room: you can extract your skillpoints and sell them periodically to get big money isk.

It wont go anytime soon, just like human nature, unless GW intervenes proper …

Then we wont have anything to miss, we’ll all be dead.

i went back and read it, thats a great post, im sorry i doubted you, will tip, hats off dude. i actually laughed, and that never happens unless my kids do something stupid but i don’t want them to feel bad about themselves so i tell them they’re cool. which is hollow, but this… this was [whatever the opposite of hollow is]. thank you.

2 Likes

yeah i know… some things were exaggerated… i just wanted to get my feelings across, this is how i personally feel. you can tell me im wrong, idc really, this is my perception of the game currently and i played it for a long time and loved it… so idk i just hope newbros can see the light at the end of the long cold dark tunnel.

The cold dark tunnel IS the light.

There appear to be a number of people who confuse being brutally honest and factual with being toxic. Apparently if you don’t hand out participation awards for every comment, you’re some sort of ogre.

Here’s the facts: the OP posted a complaint thread about coming back to EVE, one of the more complex games out there, after a 5 year absence, so he’s clearly rusty and out of touch, and being unable to earn ISK the moment he undocked.

By his own admission, he hasn’t checked out FW, Incursions, trading, or manufacturing, or done any research on them at all - or he would know the answers to his “I can’t make money at these!” cries.

He clearly didn’t understand the datacore market of 5 years or of now, or he wouldn’t have expected anything significant from research agents. He complains that ‘less experienced players’ are being encouraged to shoot red boxes for 100 hours a month ‘because of the changes’, when that situation hasn’t changed in years: noobs grind, veterans do more profitable things. He complains that the ‘changes are geared towards making less experienced players pay the sub fee’ without apparently cluing in to the introduction of Alpha clones or the fact that 5 years ago, you couldn’t play for free.

He winds up asking CCP to give him money, instead of learning how to make it on his own.

I didn’t insult him, or say he didn’t know how to play. I said he was no better at the game than he was 5 years ago, which is to say, he didn’t put much effort into learning it then, and he hasn’t put much effort into learning it now.

He assumed a long reply was trash to ignore, rather than bothering to read the effort someone put into making an amusing and informative post.

Within a few hours of his OP, he learned his LP was worth more than he expected, he learned that a post he had dismissed was worth reading, and came back to say his first post was exaggerated and based on feelings rather than facts.

If that’s not a case of “learn how the game works and you’ll do better than by begging CCP”, I don’t know what is.

Sorry I didn’t wrap it all up in fairy tales and candy coating for some of you. If you can’t take an honest, factual review and advice to up your game rather than whine about it, then EVE really isn’t the game for you.

3 Likes

OMG look how alpha you are. Can I be you?

Heh, you may think that but obviously others don’t. Also there’s more ways to skin a cat. You say it’s an honest factual review but others perceive it as a personal attack intended to demean and flame. In my opinion anybody who tells others to leave this game needs to follow their own advice.

2 Likes

I’ve got nothing against the warm fuzzy replies posted in the thread, although honestly I believe some of them amount to no more than blowing smoke without offering anything constructive for the OP to do.

Other people can think what they like, the world is full of people who think the strangest things for the oddest reasons. There is indeed more than one way to skin a cat. Some people think the one true way is to always be nice and sweet about it. Some people talk one way in one thread, and another way in another thread. Some people point fingers at other people for the things they themselves frequently do.

I often post intentionally abrasive, uncompromising replies. I do this for a couple reasons: EvE is supposed to be a harsh, uncompromising world - if you can’t handle it in the forums, then you probably can’t handle it in the game. I also believe that people will spend a lot more effort to deal with an irritant than to appreciate some supportive comment.

And if you interpret “be willing to up your game or EVE really isn’t the game for you” as telling someone to leave the game, well again, people think the oddest things…

Ironic.

2 Likes

Intentionally posting replies that are abrasive and uncompromising basically means you have a closed mind and are looking to demean, insult and flame others, a type of behavior that goes against the Forum Rules. Citing that behavior as acceptable because “EvE is supposed to be a harsh, uncompromising world” is at the very least a fail excuse in an attempt to justify being anti-social.

And yes, I interpret “EVE really isn’t the game for you” as telling somebody to leave since it’s usually stated quite often here in the forums.

The rest of your reply reads more like a rant, definitely expected from somebody who intentionally wants to be abrasive and uncompromising.

-citation needed-

1 Like

Alright armchair moderator, instead of preaching morality and telling people to cite their opinions, maybe you should work on responding to the list of PvP nerfs I made for you a couple of days ago after you called me out on it, and then scurried away and buried your head in the sand when I actually delivered. :point_right::ok_hand:

‘I believe’ never requires a citation - it is a statement of opinion based on personal experiences, not a fact that has to be backed by a source/study.

1 Like