Allow full access to capitals in highsec combined with a broad ehp nerf across all capital hulls

Why does it have to be combined, other than your personal desire to have highsec capitals? If the EHP nerf is in fact good for lowsec/nullsec/WH balance then it remains good regardless of whether or not capitals are permitted in highsec. Stop trying to attach your farming goals to unrelated issues.

My stance is that the sub-cap is balanced across the game, a battleship has the same stats in highsec as it does in null.

Except this is clearly not true. Even ignoring the fact that CONCORD makes an immense difference in how highsec ships work there are still ships that don’t function the same way in highsec. Interdictors and HICs can’t use their bubbles, stealth bombers can’t use their bombs, etc.

Highsec has gating as part of the balance for capital travel

Wait, what happened to this claim that everything needs to function the same way in highsec? Now you’re changing your mind and asking for things to function differently in highsec.

1 Like

Your reaction to the war dec exploit showed you do not want to participate in PvP. Otherwise you would have told your alliance to Ferox/Thorax up again the group who war-dec’ed you while being 1% your size. Instead all of the corporations were booted within 2 minutes and then when allowed back into the alliance they were told to hide in station.

3 Likes

Keep caps out of high sec

2 Likes

These threads are getting as spammy as ICANP evemail.

5 Likes

Well considering the OP is the CEO of ICANP

1 Like

I don’t see how that is related to the topic of this thread, please remain on topic and discuss the ehp reduction and introduction of capitals into highsec.

??? no?
buff capital EHP and restrict them to nullsec thanks.

I want an overppowered ship. thats the reason i played eve in the first place. I saw those awesome giant titans doomsdaying entire subcap fleets and i’ve been working hard to get my own some day.

1 Like

Nope, highsec demands access to them as well.

I want an overppowered ship. thats the reason i played eve in the first place. I saw those awesome giant titans doomsdaying entire subcap fleets and i’ve been working hard to get my own some day.

Well your wants don’t matter, one you want the majority of the game to not have access to them (those who live in highsec) and two you want them buffed. Are you willing to have these buffed ships in highsec?

Biggest problem right now is those who have capitals win, severe ehp nerf followed by great expansion of those who are able to access them fixes the cap proliferation problem.

You don’t speak for high sec.

4 Likes

this hiseccer demands you shut the hell up. I don’t want caps in hisec.

4 Likes

Ah yes, only your wants matter. How silly of us to forget that.

3 Likes

Another issue: you seem to want to limit active tanks on caps. But what about active tanks? If you reduce my dread’s EHP by a factor of 10 or whatever but you still don’t have the DPS to break my tank, you’re SOL. As long as my armor amount is greater than the amount I rep each cycle, it really doesn’t matter. Imagine how cancerous a FAX in highsec would be. You’d basically need your own caps to kill stuff through the FAX reps, or to kill the FAX.

1 Like

thats why that cap crap needs to stay OUT of hisec.

Somebody is angry… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No it doesn’t.

Only you do and you aren’t highsec, nor can you speak on behalf of all of Highsec. Only James 315 can do that.

2 Likes

james is just as unhinged and toxic

It is completely on point. You do not want them for PvP, you could care less about game mechanics, what you want is a titan in High Sec to PvE with while hiding behind CONCORD. Everything else is just obfuscation.

2 Likes

Nope, I only want ehp reduced, I would like to see more capitals fit with active tanks.

Imagine how cancerous a FAX in highsec would be. You’d basically need your own caps to kill stuff through the FAX reps, or to kill the FAX.

High damage can kill it, assuming the fax does not get concorded by repairing outside of war, and your using fax in say a structure bash under a war, you can out dps the reps with triglavian ships or your own capitals, or enough sub-cap dps support under my proposal.

An apostle can tank 28000 DPS. If you bring a battleship fleet that deals 1000 DPS each then you need 28 of them to focus fire on the apostle just to reach a stalemate. Even a Leshak at full spool is only around 2500 DPS. Yes, a FAX is technically killable, but if you’re facing, say, a nullsec group that’s brought in a couple to bash your stuff you’ll be annihilated by their subcap fleet or HAW dreads, who also have their own active tanks.

Yes, when we discuss balance with capitals we tend to assume the pilot is not a blithering idiot.

So the solution to “enemy brought caps” is “bring your own caps.” Call me crazy, but maybe people in highsec like not having to escalate everything to capital ships?

7 Likes

You can neut it, and you can out dps it. If the active tank is excessive it can always be nerfed.

So the solution to “enemy brought caps” is “bring your own caps.” Call me crazy, but maybe people in highsec like not having to escalate everything to capital ships?

You don’t need to, the goal of this proposal is allow highsec to enjoy big ships, and make battleships the mean in terms of isk per firepower/ehp. Capitals have scaling cost as you go up in the level, more isk, for only 1-2 million more ehp per level.

FAX can always be nerfed to fit this new ideal.