Alpha changes (enforced HS green safety)

Indeed, researching BPOs should require Laboratory operations I .

But the fact that there still are abuses does not mean it’s not good to remove some. World is not black OR white, there are shades of grey, and just because you can’t make it completely black does not mean its not worth to make it darker.

That’s the thing. If you agree with any narrative, then you can always find issues. Because that’s what narratives are made up for. Trust facts, not the narrative that people force as the sole truth - Which I already suggested you.

And again, even if that narrative is right : so what ? Yes there always remain issues. There will always be. So what ? What is it that you are actually saying ? That such a change is worthless because it does not magically solve all the issues in the universe, including healthcare, thirst, and the lack of Grasmere gingerbread in my countryside ? Please stop the useless off topic rant already. You have to drive.

2 Likes

What are you talking about?

They do!
They do a lot, I did that too by the way, other people did that, more people will do that in the future.

The point is people will not do this now on highsec… CCP promometed ethnic cleasing

1 Like

Butthurt gankers can just use their omega accounts to dunk rookies, there is no need to waste time in creating super low skilled alpha ganking toons. They are already -10 ss, it does not matter.

Tethering and docking changes mainly affects gankers who try to go for more challenging targets than miners. Alpha restrictions just pull out toons from the game while partially removing the new generation of gankers.

1 Like

And if doing that in a starter system or doing what CCP define as griefing, you will perhaps lose the ability to use that Omega account? I am sure that this would make you decide it was not worth it, while an Alpha account is not worth anything. I know I am stating the obvious, but the obvious is not always apparent to gankers…

Was a buff for gankers, that buff is being removed.

The docking changes just mean that you have to have a nearby lowsec system to place your ships if you fail to get on the target.

I think that the changes create a better balance in terms of the gank itself, gankers will have less time and more time restrictions, they will not be able to easily sit and wait, it makes it harder, but not impossible, overall pretty good overall balance changes.

2 Likes

The changes are not a dealbreaker for highsec ganking. However, the language CCP used seemed to clearly indicate that they disapproved of non-profitable “ganking.” I think that used to be their official stance on ganking in highsec - that it needed to be profitable or else the perpetrator risked a ban. They also didn’t allow repeated biomassing of low sec-status toons, but they pretty much gave up on that rule when they added alpha clones - since there was no longer a “need” to biomass, they could just make new alpha clones endlessly (at least in theory).

The change in language about ganking/griefing combined with the alpha changes tells me that there is a sea change at CCP and they will probably start enforcing those old rules pertaining to banning gankers for specific behaviors.

3 Likes

Again, this is something that isn’t happening.

Also did you find the proof about that client sale or

LOL not really.

Which they definitely should. Cause right now you and her are making claims on CCP’s behalf :smiley:

It isn’t tho. You realize even if you keep saying it, it doesn’t make it true :smiley:

Ahh. I love when you give yourself away :smiley:

HAHAHAHA, everyone sees through your post. You and Safety and all the others can pay if you want to gank. If a rookie wants to fight they can join any number of wars in low sec.

1 Like

Oops, all these miner gankers gonna get banned.

What wars in low sec?

I dont want to judge if tethering or docking was a buff or not. I want to analyze how effective are the changes.

This is CCPs announcement:

As part of the Uprising expansion, we are making some important changes that will largely affect players in Highsec. The goal of these designs is to address the following issues:

• Griefing of new players and low value targets
  • Risk vs Reward dynamic of Abyssal Deadspace filaments
  • Shortage of legitimate player targets in high security space

To achieve these goals, we’ll be introducing the following new restrictions and limitations:

• Limit tethering for players with low security status in Highsec
  • Docking restrictions for outlaws in high security space
  • Changing the security settings for Alpha accounts and removing the option to disable safety (“Safety red”)
  • Updated rulesets for Abyssal Deadspace filament activation

Someone please explain me how the docking, tethering and alpha changes addresses the issues of Griefing of new players and low value targets and Shortage of legitimate player targets in high security space

I like to gank stuff since years. I can see how tethering, docking and alpha restrictions can affect ganking, but the stuff that CCP claims to be adressing is not covered by this patch, pretty much the opposite.

3 Likes

The “Shortage of legitimate player targets in high security space” is because of the vast number of pilots in Jita, or the other trade hubs, taking advantage of the fact you can’t anchor structures to knock them out of invuln timers when they exist the Abyss. It has nothing to do with the other changes.

3 Likes

hmm but you dont need cits to gank abyss runners in Jita, the ganker camps the trace, it is a high ss ganking activity.

No you don’t use Cits, you use MTUs and the like.

2 Likes

Nobody does that.

But now if they can’t redock it is a net debuff, don’t you think? Strange how you talk about the obvious but can’t see the elephant in the room.

I doubt that.

Thats utter nonsense, you can instalock them and scramble, then they are not running into next abyss. The reason nobody is ganking these bots is because it is not profitable, they are running t0/t1 in cheap frigates and you have to use two positive standings gankers and you lose 0.2 security status for this. And they will be back into it before your criminal timer runs out. No point. Ganking with tags is simply too expensive to gank targets like them. Just because you move them to Muvolainen 1jump of Jita you are not making them “legitimate targets” suddenly. We could already gank them in Jita, if they will run their abyssal gates in Muvolainen doesn’t change a damn thing.

2 Likes

Oh you mean the MTU. It is to prevent them from reopening a new trace, the invul timer remains with or without MTU. But the new changes allow the abyss runners to go to Hek and do their thing without MTUs.

Those who run higher tier abyssals tend to carry filaments of lesser sites to run into and hide for another 20 minutes to avoid ganking. The timer for activating a new abyssal filament is shorter than the session change timer. Putting an MTU or other small anchorable prevents them from jumping back in. Ofc you aren’t going to gank t1 cruisers or frigs and what not, you are hoping for the shiny Gilas and HACs.

1 Like

Which won’t happen, because super secret delorted upon request.

ah ■■■■ and now you told them the secret… can you delete it?

1 Like

Not sure why I would get a ban for that, she switch from alpha to omega as I need to use her, I’m allowed to use e-war burst jam in high sec, when security status drops to low I buy clone tags.

So please explain why you think I would get a ban and then why not send info to ccp so they can ban me for it.

1 Like