Auction contract bid on unsuccessfully, but never claimed by seller, never disappears from "requires attention"

Hi,

I have this issue for some time, so I figured to report it. Note that I may just not know how to achieve this, but I can’t seem to find a way.

To reproduce:

• Create an auction contract as Character A
  • Bid on contract by Character B
  • Bid on contract by Character C, beating Character B’s bid
  • Character C wins auction
  • Never claim the reward as Character A
  • Contract now requires attention by Character B

Result: Contract remains as requires attention by Character B with no way to remove (As far as I can tell)

Apologies if I’m missing something here, but this has been annoying me for well over 6 months at this stage as the contract is just sitting in my list. It actually makes me not want to bid on auctions.

I assume the character just hasn’t come back to the game so hasn’t claimed the reward, but it remains stuck in my list of contracts requiring attention.

An ignore contract would solve it or something I guess. Anything!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I see what you mean here. I have an auction from Jan 2019 that is finished but “unclaimed by seller”. I still get a message every day saying that it requires my attention. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

As far as I know, there is no way to stop these messages. So yes, a fix would be nice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Same issue here, just filed a bug report about that.

Copy of my report:
"
Hello there.
About a year ago I bid on an auction which someone else won in the end.
This contract shows up in my “Requires attention” tab to this day, apparently since the contractor didn’t claim the money and stopped playing in the meantime.
There has to be a way to get rid of that on my side and if there currently isn’t, please forward it to any kind of developer.
I have participated in maybe 100 auctions and already have 2 of those things sitting there and giving me a notification every time I log on.
I Imagine an active trader will have pages of those things making the tab and contract notifications absolutely useless.

Cheers
"

Yep, I fear that this is a “feature” of the way the auction system works. It’s been this way for a long time and I’m pretty sure they know about it. I’ve personally mentioned it myself a few times in various places. An auction doesn’t disappear from “requires attention” until the buyer claims their items AND the seller clicks “delete” too. Even if you didn’t win the auction you still end up with it in your contracts but it also happens if you win the auction, claim the items, but the seller doesn’t close the contract - that’s what led to me still having a firesale from 2011 that irritates me to no end. If a player quits the game it stays there in perpetuity…

I wish they would at least improve the “ignore issuer” command so it actually worked to hide the contract too. Or, even better, if it can’t be fixed because of legacy issues then make a “hide contract” option that at least removes it from the UI so we can pretend it’s gone.

Right click → ignore issuer should at least make the “requires your attention” message go away from the contracts homepage but unfortunately it still won’t disappear from your “outstanding” and “requires attention” tabs. And there is also the added downside that you won’t see contracts from that player - which could be a problem depending on who it is.

Got a reply from a GM to my bug report.
"…At any rate, you’re correct that this shouldn’t be happening. Our developers have been made aware of this issue via bug reports from players and they’re working on fixing it as soon as possible.

I understand that this may be inconvenient, especially if there are multiple auctions involved, and I can only apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you can avoid receiving this notification as described before."

Fair enough, talk to you in 6 months xD

1 Like

FTFY

:wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.