Bored with Rattlesnake, Kronos?

actually you’re correct.

The moment you talk about ME and not about the topic, it becomes a personal attack.

A non personal attack would have been “double rep is bad because…”, instead of cutting my quotes. You choosing to not actually explain your point but instead to make affirmations that talk about me, is making personal attacks.

If you have a better fit, or actual explanations, feel free to share. Otherwise, please STFU, you don’t bring anything useful, especially by cutting my quotes and ignoring parts of my posts.

You still have it wrong sorry. You may take it personally, I cannot control that. However me commenting on your ideas/opinions is not an attack on you.

If anything, the only personal attack thrown out in this exchange has been you, by claiming out of the gate that I have some reading comprehension problem instead of something like “you misunderstood what I said and here’s why”

It’s ok though, I am nearly immune to being offended.

As far as fits go, I’ve used this fit for awhile, including all 4 epic arcs. One disclaimer is my rigs are not optimal for a specific mission fit, but this hull does dual duty in incursions.

[Kronos, 2020 Swiss Army Knife mission T2]

Corpum C-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Large Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Imperial Navy Multispectrum Energized Membrane

Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Sensor Booster II

425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Large Explosive Armor Reinforcer I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x9
Salvage Drone I x5

But you commenting on me, is. That’s the definition.

The issue is not if misunderstood. You made dishonest quotes. You made me write something that is different from what I wrote, by removing the modal terms I chose.
I told you so politely in the first post, but then YOU insist on making false quotes and just plain lies, like I “insist on” double rep while literally the fit I linked did not have one. If you were honest you should have understood that your claims on what I think/did/wanted to do were not only off topic, but also based on wrong claims of yours. But instead of backpedaling when I tell you you are wrong, you keep stretching my words to make them mean something they can’t mean.

If you can’t understand my sentence, then there is no reason for me to make an effort : you can’t understand it. I chose each term for a reason, and you removing even one term makes of your post a false quote. Either you try and understand the WHOLE sentence, or you just don’t use it because it’s not a tool you can understand.

Although it may not fit the min/max accepted way, I fit my Kronos with blasters and aggressively try to always engage at sub 50km ranges. Since I like to full kill and clean, the reduced distances shorten tractor beam pull in times for both my MTU and in ship tractor. Returning with a Noctis is an option, but travel time added to an increased risk of Noctis ganking usually eliminates that choice. While I understand the blitzing would be more lucrative, my gun mining allows me to supply my building and ammo needs, generating between 150-450+M per week in minerals. My ship is just barely cap stable to allow for constant use of tractor and salvager while fighting. Use a flight of salvage 2 drones from the start.
Imagine that rail Kronos would be great for blitzing.

2 Likes

Clever use MWD and MJD can quickly get you into range where blasters shine on the Kronos, and it chews through things incredibly quickly. I find the tank on this fit quite comfortable for almost all missions and things are rarely alive long enough to cause cap issues.

Rails do perform very well, but getting up close and personal with blasters is a far more interactive playstyle around managing positioning and tank. It can have competitive speed on a lot of missions.

[Kronos, Kronos]

Corpus X-Type Large Armor Repairer
Dark Blood Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Large Micro Jump Drive

[Empty High slot]
Bastion Module I
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Explosive Armor Reinforcer II

Looks fun. I run no web and double TC. Then you can double script range for your null. Double track for frigs. Also I see you are not marauding with it so obviously drones would help (I’m sure they’re in there). I remember when they announced the Marauder changes and MJD. People were like “Jump out and snipe”. I was like “Jump in and brawl”. This exemplifies that.

I’ve tried 2x TC, but I prefer to use the web+drones to deal with frigates and save the gun cycles for larger targets. It also helps more when you jump into ships that pull range.

As you say, sniping feels like a waste of Marauders’ excellent active tank and repositioning.

The problem is that when you are repositioning you are not in bastion so your DPS is much lower.

It takes 10 seconds to jump in and 10 to jump back. To some people losing 20 seconds in one mission is seriously bad and I’m learning to understand that. But I’m pretty sure a blaster Kronos is going to be faster than a rail Kronos in most Gallante missions.

It’s pretty nice in several missions in the Golem. Its almost as nice in a few missions in the Paladin. The range bonus for marauders is ALSO a shame to waste.

Trying to cash in every Marauder bonus for every mission is silly IMHO, especially since the way people talk about efficiency around here no one is marauding anyway.

on a 20 AU jump, with a 3.5 AU/s speed, the warp time is 30s.
for a 10 AU jump it’s 27s.
That’s without the align, without the jump animation.
Going from 3.5 to 4.375 (one T2 hyper) makes you gain 6s for 20AU and 5.4s for 10 AU.
using 2 hyper makes you gain 11s for 20AU and 10s for 10AU.

so on a mission in same system, 20 AU from the station, you already gain 22s . If it’s next system, it’s 44s. 30 AU is the average distance between gates BTW, so 20AU jumps are “small” (but the difference is 12s so basically the same).

So no, it does not take 20s to warp in a marauder, you are just ignorant of the maths in Eve.

To reposition yourself in a mission twice using MJD there forum warrior.

I see you’re posting your rushing tactics in another marauder thread. LOL. (It literally says full clears in the OP).

I never said that at all, lol. You get so PISSED when you get misquoted too.

you did not say it was micro jump so I assumed you failed to express your point, again.
That’s just the easiest explanation.

Except that was not a misquote. That was literally your full sentence. So it’s a perfectly fine quote.

Omg, Capstab followers :yawning_face:

TE can be replaced with armor resist. Do missions for Gallente, any 4lvl ar easy and simple :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Can I ask a question?
What is your fit? I have always ran missions cap stable? I’m guessing you have no issues with cap in missions?
Is the MJD Needed? Surely in most missions with null and two TC and TE you can hit anything from a standstill?

4 blasters, 4 mags, 2 TC, MJD, MWD, DCII, LAR

Even the shield buffer fits I posted aren’t cap stable.; don’t worry about that.

We were talking about repositioning in missions and I literally said “jump in and jump out”. Sorry if that was confusing to you, I thought every mission runner would understand. Glad we’re on the same page now.

But then you are saying ■■■■. The MJD moves you in 100km, not at perfect range from rats. So no, if you are using short range weapons and you need to reposition, it takes much more than 10s to actually put yourself in position. On most rats, using MJD actually increases the range since they mostly orbit at 15-50km.

You did not confuse me. You wrote something stupid, and I tried to find where you were wrong. Turns out, you never actually tried what you are talking about and are just trolling with stupid ideas.

Thats just ignorant. Its not stupid to use your MJD to reposition yourself in a mission. Any mission runner grasps the concept and either chooses to do it or not. Its not a stupid idea to fly a Kronos as a brawler.

I just ran Silence the informant. Jumped 100k into the group of 3 battleships. Only 30k away, not “the wrong distance”. Perfect 3 quick kills, unbastion and align to the next group. Jump in. The enemy is within blaster range again, what is this sorcery? You’re giving rats a chance to orbit in a Kronos? WOW.

Its not how you do it so its stupid? Or it you think it doesn’t make enough money without having actually tried it so its stupid? Every fit is bad, every strategy is bad except yours.

Can we get back to the subject and quit arguing. Both of you clearly have different playing styles and fits and find that they work.

P.S Post your fits :wink:

1 Like