Content prevention Era

High Sec loses as many ships per day as all of null sec. While isk lost is not the sam because high sec can not field capitals.

1 Like

Eventually some one more tenacious and resourceful will come in to the space and take it from the unwilling.

1 Like

Good points from the OP, I enjoy reading coherent thoughts about the game such as these.
I’ve mentioned several times that null sec needs to identified as two completely different areas of activity, NPC Null and SOV Null. The SOV areas denizens are quite a bit different than the NPC area denizens. I think SOV systems should require a communications beacon network of some type to have local comms. I don’t really mind not having local, put out a few scouts and you’re set but the map statistics should be disabled as well, it’s unbalanced.
Can I open the map and see how many pilots are in a wormhole?
For a pvp hunter in null sec it’s fish in a barrel, hop in your T3 of choice or bomber, look for dots on the map and literally fly on over to the dots and sidle right up beside the target, they are none the wiser, it’s literally like having a radio beacon on a game animal and flying a silent armed drone in to kill it, pathetic at best. NPC Null should never have been tampered with imho, SOV should have been the primary area of concern.
I would love to see an actual CCP run detailed survey of Active Omega characters only, to get a general consensus of opinion from the group that has some skin in the game.
For the record I’ve been playing since 2003, almost always unaffiliated, in my one man corp, in NPC Null sec and I have ZERO skills for any capital ships. I am still in NPC Null and always will be regardless of neutral status, but I can tell you it’s a ghost town now, all that’s left are the diehard few and the easy button hunters and with no local, new friends are pretty hard to make.
Every contact I have started with a wave, salute or gf in local.

3 Likes

The Blackout changes are temporarily good for high-sec pilots.

The changes have had a great flow through effect for Hi-Sec and lo-sec. However a lot more needs to be done to stop null being so out of balance risk/reward wise compared to every other area.

I don’t know much about botting, but… The blackout seems to me like it would not deter botters. Instead of listening to local, wouldn’t they just park alts at the gates to gather the same kind of intel now?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.