Content prevention Era

why do silly feckers like you come to a game that has PVP? you knew EVE had PVP everywhere before you joined the game, yet here you are, still playing a game that has PVP everywhere.

care to explain?

4 Likes

same reason a dog licks its balls…because we can…

So shut up and play.

• They are making cynos only available on expensive ships, so they are no longer goign to be throw away options.
  • Adventurous players can now go to null because the have the ability to hide. No longer are they broadcasted by a silly name listing letting someone know they are there.
  • Bots can actually be killed now. Some players are now just focusing on this content.

I could go on but there is plenty of content that was created by this. The content it killed was botting, afking, and grinding PvE sites half paying attention without support. All not a bad thing.

2 Likes

you know this is a nerd answer?

I fear you don’t.

You didn’t get the ironic subcontext and i don’t care to explain it so just let me say one word : FAIL…

1 Like

Good. Now leave EVE and go play another game.

To reiterate my point, the blackout spawned my post, but it’s not the target directly. I’m trying to point out the entire implementation of their Chaos Era and that we are being forced to accept removed functionality instead of additional content. There are many inventive and engaging ways players have come up with to fix the issues that need fixing.

Proud nerd a long time, thank you :slight_smile:

so why post at all if you do not wish to explain your ironic subcontext :eyes:

maybe because there isn’t any?

you think EVE could survive without PVP :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: how long are you playing EVE and have you ever left the system you spawned in?

You’re just looking it as half glass empty while others look at it as glass half full.

• Removing local killed easy PvE \ Removing local enabled actual blackops warfare
  • Spawning trigs in astr fields killed afk minging \ Spawning trigs in astr fields enabled PvE content without fear of a whole trig fleet warping in
  • Removing Cynos from cheap ships killed my alt \ Removing Cynos from cheap ships increase demand for my T2 manufaturing alt

No need to be crass. I would like to hear your opinion on if you agree with the way they’re implementing these changes. I’m not saying the changes didn’t need to happen, just the way they’re are implementing it. If you agree that deleting content is the best way then it’s perfect for you and I may be the minority.

I agree. These are great points. But do you think this was the best way to fix these issues? Rather that come up with an inventive way for people to create and counter local? No structures, just subcap to subcap into one wins.

Life is about changes. In the end it doesn’t matter if the change is bad or good, because eventually we will get used to it and find another way how to exploit (where exploit of chat system was the reason for such rapid change).
Now things are very different and adjustments need to be made, but you have never ever anything granted. Anything can change at any time and the sooner you will get accustomed to this idea the sooner you will get edge over those who are unable to adjust. Thus we evolve and expand, stagnate and expire.

I am not agreeing that deleting content is the best way at all. But CCP thinks so. And since they don’t care about that, the best way to tell them is to leave. There would have been so many better ways to actually develop EVE and sort of fix the problems they themselves created and nurtured for years on end, but these muppets on their volcano island opted for the most idiotic design approach and used a list of memes as basis for their designs. Someone who uses literal memes (and is just as bad about maintaining them as actual memes on better meme pages (look at their deserted CCPlease)) cannot be taken seriously.

2 Likes

Yes, however I have yet to see a change proposed that would have had the proper effect. Player generated content to counter issue is always prefered. However, the situation came to head where players were so efficient that no counter play was happening. You simply couldn’t catch botters because their programming would dock the moment you name appeared in local. Releasing a ship that doesn’t appear in local would have had the same level of crying.

1 Like

Sounds logical to me… eh?

–Gadget can cross reference

2 Likes

I completely agree. Despite my occasional juvenile one liners, I do believe they can do better with proper persuasion. They’re not past the point of no return. I do hope they learn from this experiment and realize they cannot pull a fast one on us again. We must demand excellence up front, or this will continue to be the norm.

2 Likes

Perhaps this was a bandaid until the proper fix is implemented. I don’t understand the need for a quick bandaid sine this has been an issue for ages, but it is what it is. It’s time for them to be open with their plans. If BO is permanent, tell us it’s permanent.
I agree that a ship hiding in local would be cause for tears. There is a high probability I would be adding to them…

1 Like

I am not saying it shouldn’t be more dangerous. I agree with the effect, just not the implementation of simply removing functionality. If you think this was the best way to have fixed the intended issues, then this is perfect for you. I am truly glad you’re enjoying it.
I’m trying to find like minded folks who agree that hitting the delete key is not the best way. Though many of these issues needed a fix, they needed a fix for a long time. In all this time they only came to the table with this solution. A little more time in the cooker could have added some exciting gameplay. Potentially a positive to more people than this was. Not everyone will be happy I understand, but I feel these current changes received much more blow back that others in past.

I am completely open to change, I enjoy it. Changes keeps us coming back.
What I don’t believe in is that removing functionality was the right choice. Give players control over it.
Many people on the BO thread came up with excellent ideas.

omg… ellipses…

2 Likes