You screeched Adapt or Die to everyone else for over 3 years, now it’s your turn to adapt for only the next 3~ weeks. Here is a bunch of stuff you can do while there is no local in nullsec that doesn’t involve orbiting a smugglers gate semi AFK watching Netflix. I know, I know. You moved from flying a 5b Golem in highsec to flying a 15b Hel in nullsec because it’s actually safer right? Yeah, it’s not fair and you’re probably Null NPC #3743 in your current corporation/alliance. How much of this applies to you?
- I don’t even know 5% of the players in my corporation
- I’ve had actual conversations with less than 2% of the players in my corp or alliance.
- I don’t join voice comms or socialise with my corp unless I absolutely have to.
If you answered yes, then it might be time to find a new corporation. I would highly recommend wormhole space or factional warfare, you can make even more money, will probably have more fun and will make actual real friends in your corporation instead of being a faceless tax envoy. You’ll make the game more fun for everyone too (◕‿◕✿)
Having no local is no-where near as bad for smaller corps, since you can all communicate well together.
“Hey phil is the Myrmidon on dscan you?”
oh hey there is a myrm on scan and I have no idea if it’s friendly or not because it probably belongs to corp member #2343 who doesn’t even have mumble installed
Having and living in a wormhole, a small constellation of nullsec or a lowsec pocket with just your friends is so much more fun and circumvents a lot of the disadvantages of not having local. eve-online is a sandbox game that is built on player interaction, IMO you’ll enjoy the game a whole lot more if you actually, well, interact.
Why not give a wormhole or a LS / independent nullsec corp a go while local is down? Hell, if you hate it, it’s not like ASCENDING BRAVE NEW PANDEMIC FLEET is going to turn down your 15% ratting tax if you re-apply. As long as you still have a pulse they’re going to accept you just like before.
But I don’t want to leave my corp? Ok, no problem. Check this stuff out.
- Abyssal Deadspace PVE is new and pretty cool, it’s way more fun, challenging and involved than pressing your mouse 5 times every 40 minutes to run a Haven in a VNI. You can make super ratting numbers running T5s pretty reliably. Check out Fonsui’s google sheet that has a ton of different fits you can use to run them. You can run abyssal sites 1000km off your staging keepstar or from highsec if you’re not actively at war. If you like the chilled out semi-afk nature, Gila will easy mode almost every tier 3 site while you watch the latest episode of suits or whatever your favourite show is on Netflix.
- You can run Epic Arcs once every 3 months, how about getting some decent isk and tidying up some standings. Pirate faction epic arcs can also be nice too, they can be completed in a PVP fit AF, give good rewards and can get your pirate faction standings up. CCP are releasing new pirate implants later in the summer, so being in a position to farm burners for them could be lucrative, the standings are useful too for baiting people or if you want to avoid being featured in Tomalaks latest youtube video.
- Why not give wormhole day tripping a go? You have no local anyway, might as well make even more money. Rykki’s guide and a wormhole gas guide. C5s give a lot of ISK if you can multibox or get some buddies in a few nestors or rattlesnakes. Otherwise, a decent BS fit will make better than carrier ratting numbers solo in a C3.
- DED sites and cosmic signatures require probes to reach, which you can see on directional scan. How about moving away from cosmic anomalys to cosmic signatures for an extra layer of safety. You can always run DEDs in lowsec too if you want local chat, 5/10s and 6/10s are usually better ISK than than nullsec DEDs too.
- FW is a lot of fun, while local is down in nullsec, why not try spinning up a FW alt character or just PVPing with your main in the warzone. You can make decent money in FW too even on a low SP alt, just capping novices/smalls is equilvilant to VNI ticks.
- Triglavian Invasions are pretty dope, if you haven’t tried the new content yet I highly recommend it. Can also do some oldschool incursions in highsec which also yield the same ISK/hour as carrier ratting in a solid group.
- You could also join in on the hunt for the next 3 weeks too.