Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread

Please note, this thread has reached the hard limit of 10,000 replies that our forum software allows in a single thread.

A new thread has been created here for you to continue discussion!

Original Thread:

As reported in The Scope, over the coming days we’ll be changing the way local chat works.

This change will affect the whole of nullsec space.

Local chat in all nullsec space will be switched over to delayed mode. This means that it will behave as local chat in wormhole space, with pilots only appearing in the local population listing should they choose to post messages.

Obviously, this will cause a substantial change to the dynamics of nullsec, so we want to inform the community before we begin.

The duration of this blackout is undetermined, and we’ll be monitoring what effect this has on the cluster.

We will give at least 48 hours of notice before initiating the blackout so pilots can make the necessary preparations.

If you’d like to discuss this announcement, feel free to do so in this thread.

271 Likes

About time

135 Likes

Save QE 4-He, it is good for the environment.

4 Likes

Unsubbing all 3 accounts. Thanks fozzie, you finally made me win eve.

153 Likes

Hopefully the BO will not last too long, else it may spread to LS and possibly HS. That would be interesting to see.

15 Likes

About time.

54 Likes

Why about time? Have you ever played in Null Sec? I feel much safer there than in HS. At least we know who is about to Blap you.

27 Likes

no1 cares about ur low acc score and leaving, ty

33 Likes

Oh boy. That sound absolutely awesome.
I like it

53 Likes

Nope. You ain’t gettin’ me booty. Proven again that the most efficient way to win this game is by not playing it. So I win. Have to go now. Bye.

53 Likes

Dont mind me, I’m just here for the salt (it fuels my Nyx)

51 Likes

and btw. finally time to bring back an healthy eve economy!

38 Likes

omfg yes yes yes. i love ccp now =D

64 Likes

Aren’t you supposed to be on vacation?

5 Likes

Here we go… it’s not delayed local as a delay… it is an OPT-IN local the same way wormholes work. There is no timer on the delay.

31 Likes

Can I get your stuff?

22 Likes

I wish this and other random stuff would happen more often in game and keep it in game for a month or so… like escalation warfare; start at low intensity and build up to high intensity all out war.

CCP Falcon, i’ll call your Blackout and raise Drifter Tidi

15 Likes

This should apply to all space. The PVE lore reason is in with the trigs so just go for it CCP. :+1:

24 Likes

GL with that when NS decides to go to trading among the Alliances and stop moving stuff in large quantities to HS for T2 items. Now I would support the embargo from Null before I did not. Well off to kill and be killed. Ahh EVE you are an interesting little creature…

11 Likes

ty ccp

41 Likes