Blackout coming back!

The complexities of the game not having a local. Makes playing eve that much more interesting. I remember a time when their was no local, when doing the simplest thing was that much more interesting. Yes the blackout was the best thing to eve. Null-sec carebears cried to their mommy’s because they couldn’t see a neutral jump in system, while they padded their pockets afk minning watching youtube. While most alliances have a Intel channel to address hostiles in systems, now people had to do a little extra by tapping ctrl-v the d scanner baby! CCP caved “if we dont get our local back were going to stop subbing” “we cant do the things we love anymore” ? I actually find this pretty funny, the game is going stagnant, Null sec is for the groupies, the big alliances and well their pretty stuck where their at do to the citadels advances to the game. So why not have a communications link, like an ihub but hackable to shut down alliance systems local, hack it and have a 30min shut down. Where their local is still showing the present people. But the hacker/fleet is quickly moving throw system picking targets. A Failed hack sends notifications across the board. We need peole thinking of ways to bring this game back to for front, when I started to play eve it was confusing, time consuming and a step learning curve. Skills were worth more, you earned them. Now they mean nothing as skill injectors changed that. So CCP, ever thought about NPCs taking back their space, taking sov back? Forming fleets to shoot structures, Creating timers, entosising systems. Keeping the game revolving, null secers present glued to the game. Forming response fleets to deal with the invaders. What do people think, what suggestions can we come up with. I just shut down my PC due to stagnation in the game. In my opinion, the game has so much potential, but nothing’s being done about it. Dev’s dont know what they want. I’ll add this little change to citadel timers, that’s going to create content. Come on CCP you can do better!

5 Likes

Stagnation is your fault. Eve is not a theme park, if you want something to do, DO IT.

6 Likes

Yeah right, tell that to CCP. They obviously think differently since all their changes are turning the game into a tour guided theme park.

1 Like

Blackout was the worst thing they have done in a while. It made everything more tedious, it broke my keyboard from the excessive dscanning, it obliterated content and activity in null sec. Anyone who thinks that Blackout was great has no idea what they are talking about.

Not the removal of information brings activity and content but the presence of people. Blackout removed people. Turning Blackout off with structures is a dumb suggestion for a variety of reasons. One of them is how would it work? Does only the Ihub holder have local and no one else in system? That would not only kill hunting and attacking but would also make blues in your space pointless. Or does everyone have local but then the Ihub holder pays bills for hunters and attackers.

1 Like

Don’t you kids learn how to make paragraphs in school? This post is an unreadable mess!

11 Likes

The OP’s original post was “Bring Blackout Back!” but realized it wouldn’t catch as much bait as saying “Blackout coming back!”. Also, what is that mess of a post? Yikes.

1 Like

paragraph

10 Likes

Sorry for the poor Grammer guys, when writing on a post from a cell phone goes wrong. Honestly though, game needs to advance and change. If your just satisfied with with timer changes on citadels, that’s pretty much how it’s going to be from here to the near future.
With Faction warefare, pretty much the same from the time it started. The mechanics are the same pretty much everywhere you look. Null sec is unchanged with the mechanics of owning systems. People are satisfied with being content on on how things have been for over 10 years. The steady decline is happening reguardless on how you feel.
I have been playing eve since 2006, and yes over time the looks have changed but the mechanics haven’t. By removing local, it only makes you work harder for what you want in game. Therefor making the act of owning ships and or structures that much more vaulable. If you want a easier game to play, go play WOW. That’s right, one of the biggest games around failed. Only due to the stagnation and mechanics being unchanged. Which at some point this game will follow the same fait if people aren’t open to change.
Blackout was the best thing to happen to eve because it showed us how people like to have their complacency in knowing their local. Not taking risks because they see a cloaky neutral in system, would they take the same risk if there wasn’t a local.

2 Likes

Agreed. If you love not having local just move to a WH.

1 Like

Are null sec players carebears? Look at wh space, they are still prosperous but more riskier then null, whys that?

2 Likes

Apples and oranges. What ratio would you guess WH produces compared to 0.0?

Slightly less on ratio, on your apples to oranges. But a true form of what null sec should be.

1 Like

Click-bait garbage like this should incur a 1 month forum ban.

:do_not_litter::radioactive::biohazard::put_litter_in_its_place:

6 Likes

Why soo much hate, dont agree with the topic? Or do you have no input. Other then ahh my eyes are burning dont take my local away.

1 Like

paragraphs, man! Paragraphs!

1 Like

Oh boy we got English scholars in here.

that’s what happens when you post a wall of word salad on a forum populated by autists and nerds.

Word to your mother, better keep my sentences short!

Looking at the meta data, we can see how null sec is a carebears heaven. When looking back at at the time blackout was active. You can easily see the drop of carebears and production in null. Meaning the game was at it’s TRUE form, riskier and better for the entirety of eve. With less production, the actually cost for ships would rise and well the true eve universe would take shape, value with risk and reward. Hunters actually not scared to take chances, of being dread bombed. Inflation of the markets is apparent, no value to what ships used to be or modules used to be.

2 Likes

It’s a nice idea. In the clime regions, the special ship must Hack the Ihub like T2scaner ship + module data analyzing. I really waiting when Blackout is Back. Because active pilots are more and hight. Pilots need to create a strong fleet for mining and forever be ready. With blackout in eve we have new options for the bomber fleet for drop and Counter drop. I think. Local chat is communication mechanics. So this is another part of mechanics. Because space must be so deep and only your ship scanner or Special beacon must send information about Who in space now. I think guys know it but Lobby big Ally in CSM don’t want that because -10 -100 crabs in 0sec it reduces farm tax on Corp and Ally Wallet. Because this adds a lot of problems to the game for managing the corporation and Ali. Will have to do something. I think everyone understands this very well. We play the game and have fun in 0sec. And Big guys have a very big diplomatic game)))

Gods bless STAIN & EVE Online