Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

For the first time ever, you guys managed to hit the 10,000 post limit that Discourse has on threads, so the original thread is locked automatically.

You can find it here.

Feel free to continue the discussion of the local blackout in this thread!

:heart:

31 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am writing today to give my opinion on the current Blackout, and its effect on EVE Online.
First, why the Blackout and the invasion of Drifters? I think everyone knows, but we need to keep inflation in the game, and therefore lose ISKs / decrease the gross creation of ISKs, whose bots are for many. And in my opinion, the Blackout partly serves that.
However, there are many other ways to do it rather than prevent a lot of the game from playing. But I’ll talk about it later.

Then, the effects of the blackout on EVE Online? It’s simple … A wave of massive churn is coming for many players, see a final stop of the game against all these changes that can be described as “anti-casuals”.

But, what are my ideas for fighting inflation, you say? Here are some tracks:
–> Increase taxes: it’s simple, but effective. Trade taxes, planetary interaction etc …
–> Tax the great powers: especially when recruiting members based on the number of members in the corporation / alliance. Recruitment = a tax.
–> Power pay in ISKs to raise his standings / security status. But beware, not a small sum, a real sum.
–> Pay ISKs to raise a skill level : when your skill is on to lvl up after skill like 3/4 days, you have to pay ISK to reach this lvl up. I don’t want to pay ISK for gain skills points, that’s the role of skill injector
–> Players who are concordoken could also pay the price of the intervention at Concord.
–> Decrease loot fairy.
–> Increase the cost of production: taxes, minerals needed for example.

These are just ideas, but put together, they could have a real impact on the game economy.

Thus, a permanent Blackout could be avoided. But why not put it randomly, coupled with the Drifters invasion in one or two regions on the same system as Sanshas? Or to make sure that there is a Blackout 2 days a week, weekend excluded to avoid the more casual of us not being able to play in Null-sec …

Thanks for reading me
Fly safe o/

4 Likes

35z4rq

42 Likes

Your egotistical self importance aside, what reason do you have to not post in the thread already created for this topic?

11 Likes

20 Likes

Please inform me when the black out is removed…to log again!

33 Likes

Let me guess

You feel “forced”

10 Likes

Because the topic that you talk is … closed ?

5 Likes

Ah ah ah ah, no.
But you, you feel “forced” to respond this :wink:

5 Likes

Ok, so what do you mean by “prevented”?

1 Like

No, I choose to. Would you like to answer the question?

Just read the full post bro…

2 Likes

So thats a “no” then.

Cool nothing new from Null today then.

4 Likes

That was the point i stopped reading, but the rest before was already not really good to be honest.

12 Likes

I just propose solutions to avoid a permanent blackout, to avoid that the new players or the old ones who can be casual are limited to the high-sec

1 Like

That’s only ideas, explain your opinion :slight_smile:

Well, all your ideas seem to face the isk inflation. Which is not per definition bad, but imho not the goal of the blackout. Which is in my opinion to make null more dangerous regarding its rewards. Casuals could still live there, but need either to occasionally pvp or accept they lose their ships sometimes (more often then before).

Selling Skillpoints for ISK just would remove real money from CCP, since there is already mechanics involved. Thats why i stopped there.

8 Likes

There isnt a problem, except for kulaks and mindless followers of deceitful liars.

4 Likes

You don’t understand me for this point : when your skill is on to lvl up after skill like 3/4 days, you have to pay ISK to reach this lvl up.
I don’t want to pay ISK for gain skills points, that’s the role of skill injector

And yes, the null sec could be boring. But, don’t have a local is for WH space no ? I think that it must stay in WH…

Well then either i understand you wrong or you were not able to make it clear enough. Its both fine for me.

To the second, well thats opinions, i’m really happy with the local change. You are most likely not. Thats ok.

1 Like