Null sec botters and local chat

o/ pilots

I was happy enough to don’t see botters ratting in null - no chat no bots. After switching back local in just 20 minutes i found chinese domis ratting - bots. They warped out as soon as i entered local. 20 min after again.
to CCP:
Please remove permanently this 200% safe feature for bots and 100% safe for paying attention players. It’s not funny when you are risking ships every time you go for ISK and they are just there, ratting in safety under warm blanket in their null secs. That is not fair and i won’t pay anymore until you fix it.

NO for botters!

6 Likes

Too late they caved, fooled by botters pretending to be customers.

8 Likes

They have activity trackers. It’s not terribly hard to have the server make a list of all the ships that warp to safety 0.7 seconds after a new name appears on local.

The problem is that CCP has spent so long setting their game up with boring, bottable activities; and designing Null so that it is the primary destination for boring, botting players who just want mountains of ISK and RMT. By the time they realized what they’ve done wrong, they can no longer afford to correct the situation. The bots and farmers pay the bills.

They will need to re-work the game to bring in actual real new paying players before they can afford to get rid of the bots. It is possible to do this, but CCP has never shown even a hint of the ability to accomplish it, sadly. Oh well, perhaps when PA decides to turf some decision makers and send in some real programmers, things will change.

I’m not holding my breath though.

9 Likes

by this logic you could shut down botting forever by shutting down the servers

the way you solve botting is by banning bots

1 Like

One problem is botting I agree.

The main problem in eve is that there is not enough wars to destroy the accumulated wealth, not the blackout, not the super safe Delve mining.

1 Like

Because players dont watch local too? Why tf is warping off a sign of someone being a bot? I sure warp off when i see a few neuts in local.

1 Like

because apparently actual players can’t notice changes on the screen

3 Likes

lmao, the idea that hunters should just be able to be invisible and shoot people cause they are the predators, like jfc, make your own advantages, use spy alts, or hyperspatial, or logoff traps. Hell even just sitting cloaked in a system for a while eventually ppl will ignore you and go rat.

2 Likes

because they want canned hunts

2 Likes

the idea that the areas supposed to be in flux and at war and conflict should be safe spaces with perfect intel for botting cry babies is just beyond a joke

2 Likes

As opposed to the perfect NPC kills intel available from the ingame map and ESI?

1 Like

We want fights, null secers generally dont which is aad since they have the greatest means to fight but instead choose to either field supers vs subcaps or just dock. Whats worse is they claim null is the most dangerous space, which is not the case.

6 Likes

Nullsec’s safety (or at least that of a few regions) is an outcome of supercapital umbrellas (emergent gameplay), intel networks (emergent gameplay), the use of standings to distinguish between friend and foe (emergent gameplay) and a set of best practices that players have learned after years of trial and error (emergent gameplay)

High-sec safety is an outcome of NPC mechanics.

There’s a difference. One took a massive amount of player effort to develop, the other is literally handed to you by the game developers and it’s never enough because high-sec players don’t want to put an ounce of effort into staying safe.

4 Likes

Because the is not a report feature that could be used? Because a destroyed bot ship could not be replaced after you got it, like that really stops them. Because wallets don’t show trade with player and isk sent logs or contracts.

Its like the idiot with no actual power wants to be Super “I am the LAW!” Batman yet CCP Falconpunch can’t use the backhand of god, who has actual power?

You do it wrong way.

1 Like

2 activities that generate most ISK in EvE are designed to be tedious and repetitive. I’m talking about ratting and mining. When something is repetitive it is prone to be automatized at some point.
FIX:
Make those activities NOT repetitive and unpredictable. With severe consequences when you fk up.

3 Likes

Question remains, HOW to make those activities unpredictable and not repetitive. I’ll leave it to your creativity.

If you look at the data on ratting and NPC bounties the hardest hit areas were the East, generally speaking. Was this due to a large percentage of bots? IDK, but it is at least some weak evidence supporting that hypothesis.

I could see CCP implementing regional blackouts for areas that have a disproportionate share suspected bots, making an announcement and letting players do their thing. At least that is my hope with the date CCP has garnered from the blackout period.

1 Like

Dropping titans on frigates is not emergant gameplay, its more like taking the chess board and beating the 7 year old kid with it because he put you in check once.

4 Likes