Customs Offices need fuel requirement

POCOs are a thing to fight over. The “Maintenance Cost” is that someone can force you to either defend it, or cause you to lose it, and you have no idea when this might happen or who might come after you. The more POCOs you own the harder this gets. If your corporation goes dormant, anyone can easily destroy them and set up their own without any opposition.

PI infrastructure is unassailable. It can not be taken from you and your extractors will generate resources for you at some rate so long as you tend to it every so often. Even if the timers for PI were extended to indefinite length, you would not be able to escape having to maintain your installations. Storage must be emptied at some point, Factory planets need the raw materials for their outputs supplied, etc. If you care about efficiency, you have to move your extractor heads around when the spot they’re in becomes depleted. It’d be hard to imagine how PI would work without this element, but ownership of the POCO works without that hassle just fine.

The effect of adding maintenance costs to POCOs would essentially to discourage PvP focused players from owning them by tying them down with busywork and bean counting. Busywork that industrialists are happy to do as that’s central to their play style anyway. My opinion is that maintenance costs can be added to POCOs when PI setups become vulnerable PvP assault and plunder.

While I am a supporter of the OP’s idea (as I have expressed here), I must admit this is a good point.

at the risk of repeating myself. they already made POCOs easier to kill. the investment of the owner and everyone that has setup on the planet loses. the OP seems to think that the administrator for a corp responible for POCOs is making big Isk. not if our tax rate is low to help our members. and in low occupation systems, others dont come to use them. it takes months to recover the cost of putting one down.
I DO however think that dead corps should not continue to own POCOs and have taxes going to them. Perhaps there should be a mechanism to revert a POCO to NPC owernership if the owner corp disbands. however, i would rather see our DEV time used to enhance the game, not fiddle with trivial garbage like refuel requirements for POCOs

If Customs offices are to be replaced by something Upwelly, then it should be a single structure for the entire system, not one per planet. There are already, rightly or wrongly, many complaints about structure spam, and the current Upwell design does lend itself to spam. The design should not lead further down that hole.
One structure per system that also has other purposes means it is easier to recover your fuel costs, because honestly, most systems PI income will be negligible, this entire thread is a solution is search of a problem.

you know this thread was created by people, I believe as an anti-monopoly idea…

so no, F off and STFU Nevyn.

Structure spam was a myth, and even if it wasnt…its content for all to go around.
I am so sick of you carebear mofo’s trying to kill content…if ppl want structures all over the place let them you dumbFeck

I too, am in favor of more structures in space. I would even like to see some really cheap structures, that don’t have a reinforce timer. We need those farms and fields people can raid and plunder.

I’m not sure if any of you used to play Archeage, but they had a mechanic where you could own your own plat of land, which would allow you to plant things only you could touch. But, you could also plant any growable plant anywhere else in the game, unprotected, that wasn’t specifically owned by another player. So people would try to hide them all over the place.

That’s potential exploration content right there.

2 Likes

I did long time ago, Play Archeage, Im an original Founder…it was also the game that destroyed any chance of me doing early access to any other game since then.

1 Like

Hey, I’m with that. Archeage had a lot of issues. But the farming anywhere idea, was one of its best features. (The energy that you needed to use to farm though, was cancer.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.