Damage Control Gives more to Armor

Wait I thought the energized membrane was a passive module? Or do you mean you’re taking more damage from without the reactive armor hardener with the DCU+ Energized combo, so you end up saving more capacitor by not using the rep so much.

I’ve never been comfortable with duel reps anytime I’m offered a ship with them when I see that capacitor drain numbers even though I know people have done it successfully before. Usually when I am offered one, I yank out one and replace it with a plate or explosive hardener. The end result usually still isn’t cap stable, but the numbers are “prettier” and I’m like “eh, fight will be over by then, plus a prop mod doesn’t need to be on 100% of the time”

Ironically this means I end up replacing a proven small gang fit (duel reps) with a fit that has never proven to work under any PVP case (single rep and plate)!

They are. Energized Multispectrum Membranes do not use capacitor.

He probably means that, because in many cases your opponent has one primary damage type, sometimes two, so the RAH can adapt nicely and give more resists to that damage type than the membrane could. Thus taking less damage, need less repair cycles.

But in general, you have to take a close look at the stacking penalty mechanics, some combinations of ship resistance boni, DCU, RAH and other resistance buffing modules might work different than you think. It’s explained pretty good in the eve uni wiki. Look here under #3.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Stacking_penalties#Weird_Exceptions

Yes, I did mean the latter. They are indeed passive, but the cap savings on the rep is what matters overall.

A little bit of looking up Rifters and I found a video of one with the exact same idea, it even had my Semiconductor Memory Cells! The difference was that I had a scram instead of a long point, but after seeing the long point in action it’s definitely a good option.

Very nice content.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.