December 2017 Arms Race Release – General Feedback

Resource Wars.

1 Like

With Resource Wars. If you leave a site with the new special ores in your cargo hold, the ore is removed by the game.

1 Like

The community reluctantly resigned itself years ago, to the NES. Demanded “no gold ammo” and so far CCP has respected that: no direct gameplay advantage from NES items. SKINs don’t provide a gameplay advantage so they pass the test: people don’t have to buy them from CCP.

(A similar thing is happening over at Star Citizen after every new JPG and Video is released: “all you need is a basic game package, this fancy ship will be obtainable via in-game activity when we go live. Proceeds from sales of this JPG or Video help fund ongoing development. Thank you!”)

The only players buying these SKINs from NES must really want to have them, or have a new excuse to fund the artists who get to work making even more new SKINs. The volume coming out of the sites has depressed prices well below NES in many cases. By some reports the only ones not obtainable from sites are the regular Force Aux.

I like many of your ideas in a follow-up post & hope some of that might be implemented some day. But it’s unrealistic to hope that the NES money train will be stopped, at this point.

2 Likes

Indeed o7

1 Like

I hear you.

1 Like

EA man… EA

1 Like

Roflmao

1 Like

True words

you forget Spawning ships put of loot boxes to

Ah, yes. This seems so long ago. I remember we were discussing this with the RW team to see if we could get that available for Warzone Extraction. It was not and that ended up breaking the event sites significantly.

I think it’s a mechanic we can use, but needs a little twist. Make it so it disappears after X amount of time, no matter where it is located. If you take it out of the site or not, doesn’t matter. It only lasts 5 minutes in your cargohold so it’s only real usage is to turn in for the mission/site. The item decays, if not handled properly. Just a thought, but not one I’ll be acting upon any time soon.

Correct. This was a mistake on my part and because of the deployment schedule, not one that will get fixed. Don’t panic. We will bring back the Glacial Drift again, not sure when or how yet.

2 Likes

But you should mention that the drone had no bounty at that time (as far as i remember). The loot was the bounty. But the cargo hull was filled so fast with the loot, that it was not worth to do the drone sites on a long run.
The drone recieved a bounty and lost the loot. Thats a fair deal.

1 Like

While you may be able to twist it that way in order to comply with the sandbox and lore, I’m still feeling uncomfortable going down that path (in general). The issue is, that using this kind of “tricks” you determine the one and only solution path for a challenge.

One thing what me and likely a lot of people attract to EvE is the freedom to “solve” a challenge in different ways, be it by following the foreseen “standard” path, by piracy, by market, by cooperation or solo, etc. Just how your preferences are. This is true for the Rogue drone sites, they facilitate a lot of different “solutions”, but Resource Wars is fixed to one path of play only.

1 Like

it costs more in ammos (faction) to do the ded4 drone than you get as bounties.

I’m not really sure how you can consider it a fair deal.

1 Like

And the bounty is more than the loot was in the past. So it was a fair deal (compared to how it was earlier).

I dont use ammo when i am doing drone sites. I fight fire with fire and drones with drones :smiley:

1 Like

I see now why you consider it a fair deal :smiley:

1 Like

Personally, I kinda miss when events were just sites… with good and interesting random loot to guide you instead of either a Scope or Agency point progress bar mechanism.

But speaking of random site distribution… what about “random” task distribution? I have 3 toons and every day after server downtime, 2 of them reset tasks to have the kill-rogue-drones one and the finish-rogue-drone-sites one… and the 3rd toon has the finish-rogue-drone-sites one and the mine-100k-ore one.

I don’t mind the ore one, I did it a couple times during Arms Race, but… feels really weird to mine ore for only one of my toons to get credit and to only get rogue drone kill credit for the other two. Why are the tasks so hard-locked per character? Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and now Friday… 4 straight days, exact same two tasks for each character whether I did any tasks the day before or not, and no rhyme or reason as to why the first 2 are different than the last 1.

During Arms Race, there were 3 active tasks open at all times instead of 2, and the mining one would pop up for all 3 of my accounts after I cycled through all the “levels” of a combat task. This is… a bit different this time around, and very strange.

True enough. And yet the event NPCs give less bounties than comparable rogue drones in a mission. I’m sure that’s to make sure people are farming loot from the sites and not straight ISK, but… it’s very weird when event BSes give less bounty than mission cruisers and event cruisers give less bounty than mission frigates.

You can get skins from burner missions. They’re the 30-day expiration ones instead of permanent… but I’ve gotten tons of Serpentis skins from the Serpentis Talos base burner missions. They just need to tweak drop tables.

1 Like

Project Discovery Monument?
Tell me more

@CCP_Dragon

I have this happening myself?

1 Like

Very nice. The only issues I have found are graphical, like mining lasers randomly “mining” rocks 30 KM away in a venture when no laser is active.

Speaking of graphics, it may not be part of this release, but the Resource wars elements looks sleek and modernized, very appealing (speaking as a “New” young player).