Delay Local

I do understand what you are saying, but the area has a lot of gray, instead of just removing or having a long delay on local, like it can be removed then added back through structures and playing on maintaining that or something the idea’s are endless.

1 Like

Carriers are at 40m per tick, so 120m an hour, but your fighters are really vulnerable, I do 36m a tick with two VNI’s so 108m an hour.

My alliance leader does not allow people to rat in Supers. But then again I would not rat in one, and by the way you can lose fighters.

Some people smart bomb rat which is mentioned here, which is about 38m per toon and requires 4 toons which is 456m an hour, but the fits are damn expensive.

All in all I found VNI’s in foresaken hubs the best because they are cheap and running two characters at the same time in different sites works really well, if you do two in the same site then it is 90m an hour. So for risk / reward VNI’s worked best of all.

What would applying a delay do, well it would push people more to the big alliances and benefit those people with a lot of accounts.

So go ahead reduce the numbers playing this game by doing this stupidity, dumb people, but really are you being dumb, no you want to kill Eve, why is it that the majority of the people asking for this are people who hardly play or are on alts who are likely not even playing, so yeah right.

And as for CCP Falcon wanting to remove local, the guy has no idea in terms of game balance.

not YOUR killborad … THE killboard …

fight in similar ships? since when is this in eve?
fair fights in eve? do you guys exchange fits befor or such stuff?
sorry but thats not hard to belive thats not true … noone goes in a fair fight in eve …

ok now it got really ridiculous … guess i am out of this … enjoy and dont wet you pants in thinking of a “local free eve”

JuuR

1 Like

That is something I pushed for myself. I wanted the observatories to grant local. No opting in or out, if it’s up everyone gets it who enters. However, they were susceptible to hacking which would allow the hacker to pick between looping the current local or disabling it for a set amount of time. Allowing for gangs to follow in toe. Failed hacks sending a mail to the structure’s owner but undetectable at all other times.

Such a mechanic allows for new strategies to develop and evolve while not suddenly ripping the rug out from everyone. It also opens up a host of fun things to occur when attacking hostile space or when that space is in transition. Say it requires a Strategic index of 3 so they couldn’t be put up right away.

1 Like

Exactly what you have suggested, is a great way to go about it, because people feel safe enough to live there and the roaming pvp parties have a way of initiation a reaction to encourage pvp, it should be in the defenders best interest to remove the unwelcome party instead of just waiting them out.

Without being too oppressive where only large coalitions are practical :confused: man this would take a lot of balancing to get right.

Close this thread? Not a chance this like most of my threads will become the focus point for the most dire changes required in Eve. 100’s will rally behind this post like many of my others, CCP will ignore it & 1000’s will let their subs slide & 10’s of CCP workers will see their last pay cheque in a coming quarter. It is clear only me sitting at a CSM table will ever save Eve now.

Hmm I guess another alternative would be to make it so anyone can start shooting at some type of structure and the more damage they do to the structure the less isk people make in that system over the next few moment’s causing people to rush out and stop them lols just a wild idea :stuck_out_tongue:

It would, but each hack causing it to loop or be disabled for a half hour is more than enough time while not being too oppressive. At the same time having the hostile sit there and cause the loop to begin over and over for cases where they want to keep it going longer isn’t imbalanced since the person would have to be close to the structure and not cloaked, meaning you could stop them at any time.

It would take far less balancing than an all our delay or removal would require. Things like nullification, anomolies either being warpable by anyone or scanning going forward, current balance of mining barges/rorq, cynos and cyno jammers would all need to be looked at if you went about it the other way, just to name a few.

1 Like

Good point, a full warp speed + align time re-balance would need to happen, hopefully CCP will be willing to implement something fun like you suggested instead.

Actually If i was you I would write it out with some math in a new thread CCP would be more inclined to read it there than here at the bottom of the abyss, as long as you name it something other than local :stuck_out_tongue: as anything with local in the name will get lumped here and forgotten lols xD.

Seriously, half the people that play would quit without local.
Only maybe 20% of those would stay even with a delayed local.

This discussion is stupid, unless your goal is to further alienate players and kill the Servers from lack of RL money in subs or plex or what not.
And I am talking about nullsec here.

So what if some guy is making a billion per day just by ratting?
He has to pay taxes in some form to his corp/alliance.
Buying a Cap hull costs about a billion, then you have fittings.
Fuel Blocks, ammo, fighters, drones…
Sheesh the stupid really believe 1 billion per day from ratting is a lot of ISK, when its not considering the amount of extra normal activity that goes into building up and then living and defending one’s space.

I mean really, if your just a roamer, then yeah many get it…but they dont want you changing their stuff for simple sake. They want you to join their group, or join an opposing group, or make a group and try to take over their little empire.

1 Like

Fair enough, out of interest would you pay 100mil to fit a service module to any structure in your ratting system to enable local? If if players where able to disable your local through hacking for a few minutes at a time (if left alone for a period of time) will people all quite eve?

The discussion of any kind of structure based local replacing local in a “delay local” thread 272 posts in is probably moot, having said that:

Whatever it is needs to stand alone and be destroyable such that the phrase “Knock out ‘local’ first” makes sense.

If you have to come back Monday at 23:00 to destroy local then they may as well just save the dev time and do something else.

EDIT: It might be cool for Black Ops ships to have some special role in “knock out local”
Cyno->Ops->local->bring in fleet->attack

1 Like

Yea it would need to be something that is effective immediately without any type of reinforcement but at the same time it should be an effect and not destruction of something so it can occure more often.

I give you the Observatory Array.

Observatory Arrays focus on intelligence gathering and disruption tools, like tampering with Star Map filters, D-scan disruption, ship intelligence disruption, player tracking capabilities or being able to pinpoint cloak users

1 Like

Seriously, no.

If your game experience so massively depends simply and only on instant local intel in Player NS, well, perhaps it shouldnt.

Which will only make NS even safer.

Instead of just Local intel, suddenly there is also map data scrambling, cloak detection, d-scan/ship intelligence disruption.

No wonder NS pushes so hard for these.
They are like a wet dream come true for an NS empire.

1 Like

Null would die.

There is a reason the majority of Null recruits the people out of highsec and not whs and losec.

CCP is not going to experiment with a major mechanic like this, in fact, even asking them to is way out there.

I personally am no fan of local, but I see very clearly how the majority of null players use it as a crutch to play with. Taking away that crutch wont just “happen”, they will just quit, as the majority of players do when a game begins to be too difficult for them.

Clearly they are experimenting with it, as in the Observation Array thread Teckos linked.

The recent Local glitch has inadvertently provided a test case/data on live server for what would happen if Local was removed.

So instead of removing local from Null, you brought local to wormholes, how sad.

If people in Null cant use local and people in wormholes cant use d-scan, then they wont do anything. Do you really need to test it to figure this out?

Btw with the ****ing flood of ore hitting the market, removing peoples ability to afk cloak is about the stupidest thing possible that could be added to the game.

I didnt bring anything anywhere.
Comparing WHs and Player NS is comparing apples to oranges.

You see this is what this kind of complaining gets, instead of a intelligent Dev seeing a problem and aiming at the problem for a correction, instead you get this, a correction to a area like wormholes no one was asking for to correct a area that wasn’t great but wasn’t bad.

I have read all the complaints about local and afk cloaking and this isn’t a fix, this is just a way to make people even more secure and ruin the economy even more.

Btw if I have an “array” that messes with telling me stuff like how many ships were destroyed so I cant tell what the number is anymore, then I just wont go there period. It seems CCP has forgotten travel time is the biggest time usage in EvE and if I cant be sure I can tell you one thing, I wont be bothering going at all.

Mechanics that destroy player involvement or make Null even more secure aren’t good mechanics. Every time I see Null being catered too and made safer just makes me want to say **** this game.

1 Like