Delay Local

Sounds like the game is a lot more fun without local. Local ruins nullsec because it means people can farm their virtually risk free.

ok … i see

Let’s look at an example.

i am not a FC … i dont give a ***** about that really … if a FC tells me to go 3 jumps in front a dscan … i do … maybe i see somthing maybe not … i think there is no system without a station, citadel, refinary, engeneering complex or an old but running pos in eve anymore … so i think its really impossible to find that example anywhere … but ok we go on … your spys jump into a system and there is someone … you try to kill him … you really think he is not looking on dscan in LS or NS? really? so if local has a delay of (how long it should be) he has you on dscan … like in a WH … so its just a other way to get away and nothing more …

if you want to kill someone … do your homework … if you dont get him … you was not good enough …

JuuR

I fail to see how you describe local as not being an intelligence tool? If you are arguing about local being removed then, I ask you: Why do you choose nullsec instead of lowsec or highsec? Your answer will show me exactly why you are opposed to removing local.

me? nullsec? i never was in nullsec …
i life in hs … sometimes in ls if i have to …
local is my recruting tool …

JuuR

I’snt the whole point of this post so that nullsec and maybe low sec can receive a delayed/removed local? Most people are saying high sec can keep their local so why are you obstructing justice LOL?

i like local the way it is … so why i have to give something away just for you guys?
thats what i dont get … really … you dont like it? just dont use it … i like it … i use it … oh thats not what yu want? you want me to not have local anymore so you can shoot me?
than we are exact on the point … you just want easy lazy kills on for example miners, mission runners, guys who run sites and anomalys and such stuff … easy kill with no thinking and no work … nothing complicated …

this game is mor then enough on the lazy pvp side allready … its really easy enough allready … and if you do big and huge fleetwars … enjoy the tidi … i will never see that stuff … so …

JuuR

Again no one said they wanted to remove local from high sec lol you dont need to get your panties in a wad.

hey man … you dont get it right? you really need the easy killing so bad? it has to be more easy as it allready is? i can come in an ibis somewhere and you can shout 10 ibis in a row … is that good? i promis dont watch local in that time … i an will tell you ho surprised i was each time … good enough? that what you looking for?
if you want kills on your board … go for it and work for it and EARN ist … no meat on the table if you are not hunting …

i know exactly what you want … you jump in a system … see there is someone in Dscan … you sit in the gate cloack and then you warp to his site or ore belt and kill him … that has nothing to do with FCs and fleet wars and such stuff … thats all about you ffel good … nothing more … and you are afraid to get shot in a direct fight … lol … yea … so good … thats what you want to longon for?

ok … whatever you want … but local stays … move to WH … no local there … i found you a place … i am a nice guy …

JuuR

No the problem is you get people sitting in highly profitable space making 100-300mil per hour per char and when enemy’s come they dock and wait for them to go then undock and make isk again.

While there are people in high sec making 30mil an hour for the same safety, and people in low sec making 50-100mil an hour with much much more risk.

yea i know … i have friends they make a ton of isk in NS … i didnt join them so … i dont care about that …

what you really get id you remove or dely local ist:
one guy jumps into a LS system … warps to the belt … kills the guy in the venture and feels good for the rest of the day because he is such a good pvp player … thats what you get … not more … no illusion … thats all … and in NS? you really think you get more than such stuff? ok you dont jump the venture … you jump the rorq … ok …

but for this big battles it doesnt make a difference … for the big fleetbattles you got a FC ship … nice too

a well to fix carrier ratting … thats easy … bigger ship used means les % of the bounty isk … in a battleship you get 100% … in a carrier 50% in a supercarrier 10% … problem solved … no 300 mill per hour …

JuuR

Yes but when your rorqual gets tackled by enemies you call allies to come help and there is a big fight instead of rorqual is aligned and lands and tetheres and no fight. Eve is ultimately about fighting, game mechanics should promote fighting its as simple as that really :confused: Yes numbers can be changed for balance like how long local is delayed, like if its only till you de-cloak that could be only 1 second maybe 2 or more if they d-scan first its not a massive difference, it also doesn’t mean the guy pveing always dies 90% of the time he will probably still get away instead of 95% of the time getting away and so on.

Say what? How many people do you think go around multiboxing supers at high efficiency? Because based on what you just said I don’t think you have a clue what people are actually accomplishing. Removing or delaying local isn’t going to net you any more super kills than the ones you currently catch with their pants down. Considering that the ones you weren’t catching till now are likely not completely retarded and fit properly or at least carrying the fit with them, while on the attacker’s side it takes a good amount of preparation and firepower to actually do that quickly between them they lighting a cyno and dozens of other capitals and fax come piling in on top of you. The only people that lose in this scenario are those belonging to smaller alliances who may not have the numbers needed in their timezone to stage a proper defense.

No matter what happens, the people who play this game will always adapt to find a way to make their activities safer. Either more gate camps and bubbles to lockdown their space, or simply going to other activities that don’t put them in direct danger. If they don’t most vet players have high sec incursion alts, and those that don’t quickly learn to make one for times when other forms of making money don’t balance out in their favor in terms of risk.

What that means is, those who can adapt will just turn to other sources of revenue drying up what little content you were seeing as a small gang of ceptors. While those who cannot adapt will quickly grow frustarted and either leave null or quit outright. Neither are good options for anyone, yet at the end of the day is exactly the outcome you would expect out of such a drastic change.

I’m not talking about supers btw :slight_smile: but yes supers can also do that, I would be too nerves to rat in one of those without being in a huge coalition.

if it doesnt mae a difference why change it?

Small difference, just enough to cause more small scale pvp. 3-5 guys quickly un-dock to help then you get a nice 5v5 fight and so on. If the delay is too big then its impossible to pve and yes that would be really bad for the game if everyone leaves nullsec because they cant live there.

Uhh carriers aren’t pulling 300m/hr
When I feel like changing up my own activities I’ll smartbomb rat which is one of the highest forms of isk generation and that’s usually between 5-600m/hr depending on spawns but split between 5 characters. Hardly a 300m/hr per character.
If you look at titans, then you aren’t factoring in fuel costs for their boson which is not negligible. This is also hardly prevalent anywhere.

I’m not talking carriers either stop fishing lol not giving up secrets, but still you can agree that its a lot more isk than highsec or low.

based on the killboards you get 5 nyx on your 5vs5 pvp fleet . .followd by 5 faxes and thats it for you … i read killboards … thats BS … sorry to say bad words but you just tell us storys … you dont want a nice 5vs5 pvp whatever … you want the guy in a venture in ls … thats all …

JuuR

Where do you see a nyx helping me get kills on my kb LOL? If a gang of 5 cruisers came to fight near our area we would fight them in similar ships similar numbers more fun that way dropping caps is for lazy people who don’t enjoy pvp. All of a sudden we are now off topic lets get closer to topic?

I’m just saying, the only activities that are going to touch that are supers, titans, rorq’s cherry picking belts or mining moon ores. I’ve been playing far too long to be convinced such numbers are sustainable outside a very select combination of ship/activity. And since manufacture and market manipulation doesn’t care about local, they don’t exactly play a part in this conversation so I assume you aren’t trying to point at them either.

Oh low sec definitely needs to have it’s numbers bumped up, don’t get me wrong. I’m just saying that any discussion about removing local is pointless, even delaying, as nothing will change except the game’s PCU. People will just move to other activities elsewhere if they feel the risk is too great for what they are getting out of it. People who are too new, or can’t properly adapt will just leave. Content dries up even more and is actually all the harder to pin down since the hunters have also lost their most reliable tool to catching their prey.

1 Like