Delay Local

Then my claim was not false.

I am not making any false comparison between hisec and nullsec, what I am doing is assessing nullsec from certain perspectives, which I have clearly defined, one being that a solo player ratting in nullsec can use local to avoid being tackled and the second that the hunter should find it a challenge.

There is no comparison at all in terms of risk between hisec and nullsec within my reply, so it is not relevant to my reasoning at all, which is really what I was trying to point out.

If I say true to that then I am acknowledging that the risk and rewards are in someway matched which they are not, so I have to say false, because I donā€™t agree with that.

1 Like

Yea this is going on forever would be nice if someone did a summary of all original concepts and left it at that I donā€™t think ccp would ever read this whole damn thing way to much spam, especially with 8 posts condensed into one saying the same thing over and over.

2 Likes

to be fair a bunch of us have wanted local gone in both null and high sec since before the time you were in Veto :stuck_out_tongue:

@Dracvlad I think your argument is kind of stupid. With a delayed local you could justā€¦ you knowā€¦ play with othersā€¦ safety in numbers and all that. It is a multi player game after all. A couple people in PvP fitsā€¦ Oh wait that would ever so slightly eat into the ticks, obviously we canā€™t have that.

Dumb ideas kept alive by people who post the same responses over and over.

I have to tell you, I have been a developer (not EVE) since 1989 and when I see people repeat the same thing like that, I just stop reading their feedback. All they are doing is making my job harder because I have to weed through all their repetitive crap to get to the posts of people who are not spamming.

You donā€™t have to argue your opinion with other posters, it is your right to have, just post clearly. Developers donā€™t care what other people think of your idea, we only care what we think of your idea.

1 Like

Well define playing with others, does that mean doing sites together? Do you think that doing an out of the way system to keep up ADMā€™s is not playing with others, what safety are you talking about? And it may be a multi player game but that can depend on TZ and also area. Ticks, as if that bothers meā€¦

My use of terminology may have caused some confusion, I said solo player, but what that really means in the context of what I was trying to say is that you have to work on the basis of that being how sites and belts are run and that the player has to be able to look after his own situation. So your comments about group play are way off the mark and irrelevant. I am alone even when I am not alone.

With delayed local I would have to have 6 accounts to cover my preferred ratting system, as I know how unreliable others are in terms of reporting intel, as we donā€™t use bots to automate it I would rather keep local usable thank you very much.

And what about you, does flying an interceptor scare you, I canā€™t really tell as you are an obvious forum alt.

I think the whole point of the post youā€™re replying to was that youā€™re warping out because youā€™ve got intel. Instead, rat in pvp fits. Rat in groups. Thatā€™s what we do when someone decides to cloaky camp usā€¦ works beautifully because any time they drop, we wipe the floor with them.

Itā€™s a multiplayer game. If youā€™re playing in a place or time where you donā€™t have buddies online, that sounds like youā€™re not playing with the right group of buddies.

The underlying problem is that youā€™re running away from the fight before the fight is even there. I get why you do it, youā€™re in a max-jew fit that canā€™t fight. But thatā€™s the problem. Fit a point, fit more tank, fly with a logistics dude. Logi dude can rep, and now youā€™re in a solid pvp buffer fit ship. Yes that reduces your ticks, no thatā€™s not a problem, itā€™s a solution.

CCP make the change.

It would be nice to get some other dev feed back on this massively followed & supported topic. We know where CCP Falcon stands but how about some input from the rest of the team at CCP. The REAL players of Eve overwhelmingly support removal of local from low & null. The only opponents to this are botters & their alt army accounts.

1 Like

A VNI properly flown with decent skills can often kill tackle, what you do is pull drones then put them on the tackle, many people make the mistake of putting them on them from the rats.

Incorrect, I play with a group of people who are in my main play time, but I also play outside that time zone, their TZ is in the week AU TZ which is very suited to me.

Nothing to do with a multiplayer game, many activities are pretty soloā€¦

Sorry mate but I do rat in PvP fitted ships, I also rat in ships with a cynoā€¦, but I much prefer to be in a ship properly set up to kick butt. Not some half way house jack of all trades that will die very easily to people who know what they are doing. Because I know what I am doing, so my solution is get out and get into something that can kill them.

Feck off, just because I disagree with making local have a delay you call me a botter, You are poor PvP players, I think you lot want to make this change because you are useless at catching people and that jumping into a ceptor is too hardā€¦, poor lambs.

1 Like

ahhh ā€¦ no ā€¦ but the best it ā€¦ i dont care and i dont have to care

guys like you say they want no local ā€¦ i say there is a place where you dont have a working local ā€¦

if it is the same or not or whatever was not part of the question
i like local chat and i enjoy it so much in the tradehubs
its really funny
you guys dont like it ā€¦ i know some who like it ā€¦

so ā€¦ it stays as it was i guess ā€¦ and EVE allready has a place where loal is empty ā€¦ WHs :wink:

JuuR

Nobody is arguing about local chat going away. Itā€™s about instantly showing up as a player thatā€™s the problem we have. You can still chat all you want, but it shouldnā€™t be the perfect intel tool CCP never wanted it to be.

I mean literally play with others. Get in a fleet and blitz down the sites as a group. Itā€™s stupid how little risk there is in nullsec compared to the rewards. The only way to get caught is to ā– ā– ā– ā–  up, or get stupidly unlucky and they guess what site youā€™re in warp to. You can infinitely print isk. A mediocre player can avoid ever dying by keeping an eye on a list. Itā€™s so simple that bots do it. When the best way to catch someone is to log off the game the system is probably flawed.

1 Like

So someone with no kills or losses is giving me advice on how to operate in nullsec. Oh really, blitz sites with others, well if cloaky camped or fighting a defensive ADM war then hell yes, but in the norm most people do not want to do that. If you are suggesting that this is what will happen if local has a delay you will win the award for extreme wishful thinkingā€¦

Like this:

I guess my alliance mates got luckyā€¦, but you see a lot of systems have low numbers of key sites, you tend to know what to warp too, as I said people are bad who canā€™t figure this out.

Actually no, the best way is to swarm into a system with a a load of ceptors.

PS Is this the best you can do, what a pathetic bunch of whiny losers posting on alts you lot are, words fail meā€¦

Show us your losses while ratting.

And what does that prove, you see I select my ratting systems very carefully to increase my odds, so I have a large system with the sites tending to spawn well away the main in gate and off pipes. I did a huge amount of carrier ratting in the time that carriers could do a lot of damage with sentries, but I decided to use fighters, I was less efficient but I did not lose a carrier. I also ratted mainly in the AU TZ so a lot less people out and aboutā€¦

A grand total of 3 but I think I am missing one, but I am a very thoughtful and calculating player with a very good ability to hold my concentration for a long time.

What you donā€™t see here is the large number of people in ceptors who warped in on my two Phatasms and leaving in low structure, I would think that was about 16+ from memory, to this day I am utterly surprised how I failed to get a final blow. Was funny thoughā€¦ And my Raven with the fail cloaky camper who tried to kill me four times and in the end left system in B-7, which I blew up as he tried to leave.

The two drakes were in the contested system in Stain, I used multiple BMā€™s around each Asteroid belt, and I aligned to many different safes, the Vexor was with a PL cloaker in system and was ADM defence. I laughed at them and told them I had another 9 Vexors ready to go, was funny.

What you also donā€™t see is me getting back to the station etc., and getting into something nice and killing them, there are a hell of a lot of kills like that on my killboard. Shall I start listing someā€¦

And I love this one:

Stripping the tackle away from Rorquals, because when they came into system I went back to station to re-ship, saw them head to RNF and then was in warp to G-7 as the report came that they were tackled. They had a large fleet that turned up too late and met a HAW Phoenix after that we killed quite a few as they ranā€¦

Close this please its getting retarded now, we will see in future CCP announcements If anything resonates, carrying on here is not going to achieve anymore more.

Oh dearā€¦

ok first question: why it is a perfect intel tool?
second question: do you think or know that CCP dont want local to be local as it was?

what i think about that:
there used to be a other intel tool ā€¦ was removed ages ago ā€¦ local is local ā€¦ if you cant deal with it its your problem ā€¦ local is no intel tool ā€¦ for me local is a recruting tool ā€¦ i ue it that way ā€¦ to know who is in a system helps nothing ā€¦ to see there is someone in the system helps nothing ā€¦ can bea miner ā€¦ can be a cloacky spy ā€¦ can be a carrier shoot your ass off ā€¦ DScan is a intel tool ā€¦

and btw. there are enouth in this thread arguing they want local gone ā€¦ there are at least 2 other ā€¦ older ā€¦ threads asked for that too ā€¦ make pvp more easy so every ******** can get a kill ā€¦ thats all ā€¦ nothing more ā€¦ pvp guys got alphas to kill so time show a little patience ā€¦ CCP made you a gift ā€¦

like i said ā€¦ if you dont like intel dont use it ā€¦ if you want a dely on intel ā€¦ just look 10sec later on it ā€¦ its all in the game ā€¦ you just have to do it ā€¦ or dont do it or what ever you want to do ā€¦

its allways the same in this forum ā€¦ we want this we want that we demand this and that ā€¦ ccp have to give us this that and more ā€¦ sometimes i dont understand people

just use it as it is ā€¦ thats what i do ā€¦ i read the update ā€¦ i know whats coming up ā€¦ if it is good if it is bad ā€¦ i just go with it ā€¦ if something is broken i can say but there is no need for me to demand stuff from ccp ā€¦

i guess you guys who demand stuff you should think on others too ā€¦ maybe they dont want what you want ā€¦ could happen ā€¦ so whats up with them?

JuuR

Local is definitely an intelligence tool, Itā€™s instant, faster than any other intelligence and its 100% reliable, you donā€™t have to question if its lying to you or deceiving you because you cannot minipulate local. (except for that massive abuse 2 posts up but that is a different story.)

Letā€™s look at an example.

Your the FC you tell your scout to travel 3 jumps out and d-scan and give you the enemy fleet comp because its a small system with no station so theoretically you should be able to get their whole fleet since there is no where to dock and everything is in 14 au range of each other.

Now the fleet comp you receive doesnā€™t include people who are cloaked or are in a combat recon and are imune to D-scan, not only that but the scout himself could be a spy and passing on fake information. There are game mechanics and Real life mechanics distorting these sources of information.

Where as local doesnā€™t lie it tells you exactly how many people are there who they allegedly are allegianed to what time they entered local what time they left local or logoffskiā€™ed, it doesnā€™t fit with other sources of intelligence in eve because its too instant and too reliable, the only way to beat local is with a logoffski, logging off entire fleets for a few hours and engaging the enemy in the exact spot with a much smaller fleet baiting them in before logging on the other part of the fleet, but more than likely this info will be leaked by a spy and the enemy will be ready with a 2nd fleet as well.