Having lived in wormholes for 5 months now, I have to say it, local is trash.
As soon as local n+1s, everyone just docks up. Its nigh impossible to find pvp content unless people are AFK or willingly fight. And the amount of scripts that are run on gilas that are based on local n+1? Its insane!
Why is local a thing? Why the handholding, I thought new eden was a harsh environment? It should only be used for communication, or at the very least, have a 5minute delay.
Tired of everyone docking up as soon as local n+1s.
edit: I am referring to local in lowsec and nullsec
have you thought about going in low/null with a cloaked ship? that way you don’t have to see all the lil carebears dock up on the sign of a neutral coming into their territory
Or, ya know, space is a dangerous place and you shouldn’t be immediately notified when a cloaked ship enters your system through a rift in space & time. Its downright silly and just caters to botters and carebears.
Yeah, people who have been operating in Jspace without local for 5 years have guaranteed deaths on the daily they can’t do anything about.
Because without local to check, you are guaranteed to die!!! How else could one stay alive without local!??!
Because it amounts to the same thing. 5 minutes is loads of time to snuggle up next to a miner with a cloak and then uncloak and blast him to smithereens before he even has a chance to access the drop down menu.
I got to disagree. I love fighting, and I’m glad I can see who’s in system and look for someone to fight.
The problem isn’t localr, the problem is the dock up mentality. Nullbears say things like, “We can’t give good fights, because then people will come here for good fights, and then we won’t be able to mine.”
Seriously, they say that.
No local just means they will stay docked. Just like when faced with cloaky campers.