Local is Trash

Look, the different sec levels all operate differently. Operating differently they attract different types of players. Knowing that, CCP has put incentives for different types of players to go to those places.

If you want more targets to shoot without them having the slightest clue they are about to get shot in the face, maybe you should petition for more incentives for people to go to Jspace and Pochven?

1 Like

“without them having the slightest clue”

Actually, its very easy to get a clue of when someone comes in system WITHOUT local. Just because you don’t know how to do it doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t.

3 Likes

What do you mean risk? If they don’t dock up they are probably at least 80 percent likely to die. Staying undocked isn’t taking a risk anywhere near those odds. Staying undocked is just plain stupid.

2 Likes

For you it would be, because you don’t know how to identify potential threats using anything other than n+1 in local.

2 Likes

Of course you are not. Neither are the rest of us.

The OP is, though. And is doing some major projecting as a deflection tactic to keep his jollies going.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree with this OP completely and utterly. I live in High Sec and it is Hello Kitty Online out here. Even in Low Sec, the threats are easily identified when I know exactly as they arrive and leave.

Make EvE scary again: BLACKOUT all of New Eden.

3 Likes

Its also easy to lift a book. So go grab a book and lift and drop it for two hours straight. Cause that sounds like what you are saying…constantly d-scan. That could not possibly get old.

Look, if this game made any sense, you would be able to put a small detector on every gate that would send you a live video feed of any ship that jumped in system and relay its course at warp as well. Instead, they just get a name in local chat.

3 Likes

Who is blocking you from leaving? The gates are right there! Bye!

2 Likes

Guys don’t feed them…

2 Likes

Good point, I am in a place inherently made for those who wish to avoid danger. Is it time for me to join a WH corp yet?

Look. I know you want defenseless ships to sit there patiently while you shoot them in the face. But that would just drive players away so its not going to happen.

1 Like

Why not? I think you have several more options than that though. You can put a lot of distance between yourself and carebears, no sweat.

1 Like

My KB is proof that, to be as nice as possible, that you have no idea what you are talking about. This is like you claiming I am against fire, pointing at my smoke alarms, while warming your azz by my wood stove.

Here is an idea for the OP.

Get three hunting ships for each of your allowed characters.

Take each to an empty system…go somewhere you expect targets to be…and log off.

Then log on and off across the accounts until you score.

Might be as fun as hitting dscan every 5 seconds but hey, its what you expect your targets to do so…

Seem like is hard to find someone willing to throw away a good ship to entertaining the gankbear.
Collor me surprised.

3 Likes

@Pan_Dora1 I wouldn’t be surprised you’re surprised; you don’t even have 1 page on zkillboard when you’ve been playing 13 years. To be blunt, you shouldn’t even be commenting on this post; you don’t have the knowledge or experience necessary to judge the proposed situation accurately.

waaaah :baby: I don’t wanna d-scan or have alts scanning and on gates I need the game to tell me when I’m in danger I can’t figure it out on my own :sob:

I already told you once what sense would look like. And there is actually more. If this game made sense an audible alarm would go off on your ship when it did an automatic d-scan and it detected a neutral or hostile ship.

And I know you have not tried the two hours of book dropping yet.

I don’t think you mine or run sites or you would realize how much you are asking for constant d-scans. Checking local every few seconds is actually not that easy when you are performing multiple other tasks. You seem to only see it from you own perspective.

Also, I don’t think you have money issues or you would understand that having allowed ALTs at every gate and multiple computers means sacrificing things, such as dinners, to a lot of people.

Are you going to try using your ALTs as I suggested? Cause even if CCP considered killing local AGAIN its going to take time for them to actually do it.

2 Likes

Not all people in Null are like that, not even close. But some are.

“means sacrificing things, such as dinners, to a lot of people.”

I want to be able to afk mine in low and nullsec while I eat dinner!! How will I do that without my script to send me home when local +1s with a neutral!? :baby: :baby_bottle: