DOCKING text and new docking garbage sound. #CCPlease!

I filed a bug report although I don’t see anyone telling me they have this issue. Please note this text remains on my display during warp, jumps, and will not go away until I exit the game completely.

1 Like

Did you try signing off then on again? Or if that doesn’t work switching character? Neither requires client restart.

Uriel the Flame Veteran

Did you try signing off then on again? Or if that doesn’t work switching character? Neither requires client restart.

If you look at the second image I posted, it is the character select (log out) screen and I hit escape. As you can see it is offering to quit the game. The character in the center has “DOCKING” across their portrait. I told support, this is nothing more than another “idiot light”, we already had both audio and visual cues that tell us we are docking. IF I could have the option to turn it off, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Kaivarian Coste
It isn’t about like or dislike, it is about it being broken. I might not be here talking about the feature at all, however the “DOCKING” text on my display will not go away until I exit the game.

I will be back on Tuesday, I highly suspect to read a standard “it is all your fault” post from tech support. It is the easy cop out for them. Blame the broken feature on my RAM, GPU, CPU, PSU, etc… instead of putting a simple binary switch on the settings. See you on Tuesday. o7

So as I suspected support just said, they couldn’t make it do that. I guess I am the odd man out.

However they still refuse to allow us to turn it off in settings. Why?

2 Likes

because progress i guess, i want it gone too. stays far too long on screen

It’s immersive… I don’t mind it.

More information on this BUG / GLITCH just in the event any developer cares…

I noticed yesterday, it broke again, but this time it just stopped working. I didn’t get the docking display at all from all the stations I visited. Cool best glitch ever.

cc: @CCP_Swift

1 Like

Pointless complaint about inert object.

Its only a matter of time before the docking animation turns into a prompt to visit the new eden store.

It’s spelled “rubbish”, not “garbage”.

High frequency sounds are fine. Well… maybe this one is a bit annoying, but just saying it’s high frequency is not really proof of anything. But making this optional without having to disable all sounds would be a quality of life thing that should be easy to implement.

1 Like

What a bunch of trash.

1 Like

Not according to Quagmire.

Guess again.

The first time I was unaware of the new docking warning, I was like “OMFG I got insta-locked and shot down in mid high sec and my ship isn’t worth a crap :cry: !!”. Took me like 20 minutes to realize I was docked inside a station in my ship.

With that said: now I know when I’m docking and thus not put that final dot in the project discovery window. Agreed on the sound being invasive AF, maybe turn into something nice to hear instead of a BAM warning ?

I do think the warning is actually an improvement and something good. Like the tune in the AURA voice when initiating warp or completing a skill training. (CCP actually hired a woman with nice voice instead of using the fruity loops 3.1 speech pronouncer).

1 Like

Agreed. The new graphics are absolutely phenomenal and the art department is a world-class team. NOW as for some of these new screens, yeah its hot garbage. The new UI has fat borders that waste space and create more issue than they solve. I’m a fan of having the option to turn off the invasive features if possible but honestly this game has some HUGE issues that make this not important. At least they didnt literally put red dots all over the it…again.

It seems the new new docking text is smaller and is a bit shorter, no longer blocking stuff when you’re inside the station. still i’d like it optional but hey this is something atleast.

1 Like

I agree, this was a step in the right direction. I will also keep my eyes open to see, if this change has corrected my issue of the text remaining after docked. So far on day one no issues.

+1

Pls

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.