DOCKING text and new docking garbage sound. #CCPlease!

Show such visual blocking thing on test server first and ask community on their feedback and consider their feedback.

Also … always give checkbox for anything like:

• content blocking changes
  • fixed unremoveable icons in menu bar (e.g. NES store, daily reward, redeem button) , it is me, the player , who decides what has to be in the menu bar, not someone else

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This is so irritating …

Thanks for any hotfix where I can switch this off via checkbox.

Regards

1 Like

glad its not looking like that :slight_smile:

Where do I sign up?

Will you be allowing us to turn off the new station environments and the crap docking animation too? Docking and undocking is lagging like crazy when multiboxing.

2 Likes

please get rid of this or give up an option to shut this graphic off . we know we are docking , a graphic that takes up a quarter of the screen is not necessary .

4 Likes

Or if, like me, you’re using an older PC. 23 to 43 seconds of blank screen before the new corp-owned station interior appears. (Counting from after the inane ‘DOCKING’ ‘animation’ closes)

2 Likes

The 3rd sound stage of docking sound would be enough, the rest should go away

3 Likes

Does docking seem to take longer with these changes?

1 Like

Yes please.

I find the docking text completely breaks the immersion for me. Please CCP, give us a way to turn this useless overlay off!

We already know we’re docking because of the existing “docking request” text and from the voice prompts from Aura. This is a completely intrusive overlay.

Actually, it might be ok in 1’st person mode where you are sitting inside your ship, but in normal 3rd person view, it makes EVE look cheap and is very off-putting.

3 Likes

Hi all! In the latest update, we added a crooked hangar on citadels, which sometimes doesn’t load or freezes for me, and in addition, FPS sags in it. When will it be fixed and do CCP plan to optimize it? :thinking:

1 Like

There already was “Docking” message before in same place where “Warping” message appearing, and it still here. Why CCP think somebody need second one in the center of the screen, I have no clue.
But, considering all previous crappy UI changes from CCP (wallet and red dot in particular) was never undone, I wouldn’t have my hopes high.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the new docking sound(s), it’s very sci-fi, but it should come on at the same time as Aura says “Docking permission: granted” and instead of a huge “Docking” graphic it should be the same size as the already existing on-screen texts.
FYI, texts do not add to immersion.

2 Likes

It’s stille there, don’t let this topic die

2 Likes

I hate to dredge up old topics … however now it appears to be broken. After I dock, I get this remaining and it just will not go away until I leave the game. Maybe that is the overall plan here? Make it so annoying I will quit playing?

I think the AI voice that tells me I am docking is bad enough I have it muted. Unfortunately this visual eyesore cannot be muted.

1 Like

Really is nobody else getting this on a regular basis?

Well if not, I guess it worked… I am done.

2 Likes

still there i’m afraid

i like it

1 Like

It should say “You've consented to PvP.:wink: