New Docking Animation Lags

The new docking animation is not only completely worthless and a total waste of time but it also doubles my docking time when multiboxing on my laptop. Could we just remove it? I know yall just added it but it really serves no purpose. Also my ships moving around while I’m docked are eating frames.

Please allow us to turn off these (and any other useless) features you add in the future. Some of us play on laptops and dont have processing power to spare.

1 Like

Also why is it taking so long to log on my characters? Could you just leave it alone if it’s not broken?

SHIFT CTRL F9 solves that problem quite nicely…

1 Like

Ooo this is nice :+1:

Ooof still shows the docking animation. Something about that animation is making me drop heavy frames and still making it take way longer to dock than it did before. Also my clients take longer to start up.

Note that this is with the graphics off. Meaning it’s still taking longer now, with graphics off, than it did before, with graphics on.

C’mon CCP. Stop tampering with stuff that doesn’t need changing. You clearly don’t have the first clue what you’re doing.

exactly the same here … not only is this new forced station interior (continuously switching graphics mode when docking/undocking on all your alts is not a feasible solution) extremely performance hungry, it also leads to drastically increased docking times. I measured almost everything from 20 to 80 seconds now just from hitting the “dock” button to actually being able to use the station.

A simple option for us to disable the whole interior and just see the ship would be more than welcome… no fancy animations, no fancy graphics inside, just the ability to quickly change ships, dock fast, be able to use the station services and hangars within a reasonable amount of time …

This last patch made any form of fast reship impossible.

One possible workaround a lot of people are using at the moment is “view outside” … but this has the downside of actually consuming a lot of gpu power for all alts that are logged in, if the surroundings of a structure are busy.

I used to browse skill queue while docking/undocking. Skill queue window did not disappear during dock in comparison with other windows. Now this docking animation is on the top of skill queue window, useless and don’t fit good with my theme (dark matter).