Doctor Who event

Yep i sub 6 accounts I am thinking about moving on again its a shame I was just finding my feet and really enjoying the game but the immersion breaking that’s going on now is just insanity. Their creative team must be out of their minds. They can’t be burnt out they have not done anything for the last year. At least the trig stuff took some reaserch and thought. But this is too much. Oh well back to mech warrior and battletech.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to make of this. A desperate grab for attention? An early April fools prank?

My main disappointment is that this event basically takes a huge dump on EVEs lore, which until now, I thought was the most interesting and well developed of the online space games out there.

I wonder if the CSM got an opportunity to express an opinion on this nonsense.

Not saying I’m for or against this but can’t we look for some positives in this.

We could end up with 100s of Dr Who nerds flying around with loot in cargo holds which will attract swarms of ganker nerds trying to fleece them and shake them down as Eve’s finest always do , which in turn gives us more targets to shoot at .

Eve is a dark place , let’s show Dr Who fans how dark it really is.

No. post #207

Probably for the best we never got walking in stations. At this point they would be filled with furries and Tom baker look alikes.

It would break my little sci-fi nerd heart.

1 Like

They will be running their event stuff in perfect safety of instanced space and CCP will introduce special rules that make ganking them on ingates or traces an exploit (like the special rules for the Stargate Trailblazer event) and after the event is over, they will be all gone.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

3 Likes

I was going to post this exact same thing.

I think people are forgetting who the current viewers are. Some statistics online even quote figures stating that more female than male viewers watched the new series.

Nothing against them, but if a bunch of 30-year-old uptown girls are going to pop into this game after getting interested by the tie-in, you think CCP is going to let anyone gank them, take their stuff, and send them home in tears? This game would probably get cancelled within a week.

1 Like

Thanks !

And thats a no.

1 Like

Whovians finding themselves in eve.

2 Likes

“Hi Daddy …”

Chuckles

Like I said before Shite like this will not get people to f ucking resub, you may get a few Hardcore Doctor Who fans jump on for a while but they won’t stay. I cannot believe you actually wasted your so called precious time collaborating with a corrupt conservative sponsored TV company to get a crossover event for a failing TV show, that has lot a over a million viewers lately. This absolutely reeks of desperation. Dr Who desperate for viewers you guys desperate for numbers, no wonder you joined up.

On a serious note CCP WTF!

In 18 years of enjoying this game you now bring this sh1t.

What’s next, Captain Kathryn Janeway will be making a appearance followed by the Borg!

3 Likes

And here are the instances, to no one’s surprise. Better prepare your Thrashers and Catalysts to gank the living hell out of these people.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

Oh? That’s a lot of assumptions you made there. New? I started this game in 06 my boy. I’ve played MUDs, UO and almost every MMO in between. I played SWG till the jedi ruined it and the wheels came off. I was the first BH/pistoleer on my server when they were OP and wrecking everything in sight :smiley:

I’ve spoken with James before. I’ve killed miners in Hailama with battle badgers. I even had the honor of speaking with Vile Rat a few times. I know what EVE is and I love it for what it is. I’ve flown with friends and died to my enemies.

The reason I’ve been burning up the forums today? Cause ya’ll forget what EVE really is. Yes, it is a vidya game. And instead of adapting and overcoming, ya’ll came to this forum and cried your little eyes out.

Adapt and overcome or don’t. But for the quafe’s sake have some dignity. If you’re gonna quit? Just go.

Its still a sandbox and you can still immerse yourself. But you choose not to. So give me stuff and HTFU :smiley:

As they should :smiley:

2 Likes

What’s next CCP my little pony invades jita event you have become a joke seriously who came up with this crap.

1 Like

OK, this is what finally convinced me that EVE is dying for real.

This entire thing screams “we ran out of ideas and have to rely on other franchises now”.

This event failing completely is something we should actively hope for, otherwise CCP will just run an ever-increasing barrage of ever dumber crossovers until some angry Dr. Who fan burns down the servers and that’s it

4 Likes

CCP’s new direction of content for this event will be the one to forever ‘live in infamy’… :confused:

7 Likes

Now we now why it doctor who

https://doctorwho-worldsapart.com/

2 Likes

We can treat the younger playerbase like adults, it worked on us back then, why couldn’t it work on them now ?

This game is a serious Scifi Universe Simulation, the only of its kind, why not advertise it as such instead ?

Butterfly Effect, Eve is Real, wheeere are you …

Learn to business yourself, any business can keep being sold with the right advertising and without prostituting itself and driving the core playerbase away bit by bit over time.

:rofl:

I rest my case.

1 Like

Discovery is good. lots of scope for good stories.