Doctor Who event

Doctor Who has been dead for nearly 30000 years in the EVE time line. :thinking:

Since this is a commercial, does that mean I now have to install UBlock in EVE?

REDNES

19 Likes

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ball.

3 Likes

I do not have enough :woman_facepalming: for this.

Who the heck thought this was a good idea?

:psyccp:

43 Likes

I wish CCP would share what ever hallucinogenic they are on.

Of all the “co-labs” they could have pushed for they went with an awful UK state funded show.

18 Likes

what.

2 Likes

New space, hopefully new engaging gameplay, something a bit different but not game breaking, a plethora of Doctor Who nerds flocking to the game to hunt once this pops up on their YouTube recommended list…what’s not to like.

I think it’s great personally and I absolutely hate Doctor Who.

13 Likes

Dr who is dead, BBC killed it.

19 Likes

Are we playing the same game? There’s not been any new engaging gameplay for a decade.

6 Likes

:roll_eyes: I just don’t know what to think. EVE feels like it’s getting less and less of what the core EVE is to me.

Would rather have seen The Expanse or Firefly than a flying phone booth if it had to happen…

72 Likes

I dont understand.

6 Likes

The “hopefully” should explain things a little…

1 Like
  1. Outside of the UK a lot of people do not know doctor who, or do not know know much about it. I never have seen this show.
  2. Dear CCP, you have so much lore about eve. There is so much stuff that you could do. But no we get a “Doctor Who”
  3. Nobody will start playing eve just because we have a “Docter Who”. Using a “Mister Bean Event” would have been more effective than this.

Why not use your own lore for cool stuff, but no we get “Doctor Who”

26 Likes

The real question is will he take us “back in time” to a point prior to all the stupid stuff that’s been implemented in the last few years?

21 Likes

But nobody in the UK or outside the UK has ever heard of Eve lore?

1 Like

Never watched one episode.
Why couldn’t they do a crossover with the Predators? At least they have spaceships we can shoot at.

14 Likes

Who cares, this event is for Eve Players. Why make a event for “Doctor Who” Watchers, all 10 of them.

7 Likes

Made me log into forums for the first time in years when I got the email for this.

WTF. Seriously?

14 Likes

This would be better that getting a “Doctor Who” in his flying phonecell or whatever flying thru New Eden.

3 Likes

I guarantee you that it will be instanced, secluded space accessible only via filaments because CCP wants to you to experience their event their way and how they designed it and won’t allow any outside interference from other players that could ruin their idea of engaging and immersing content. That is what Rattati said and this will be just another step towards more UN-EVE, instanced experiences.

REDNES

13 Likes

This event is not just for Eve players at all, it’s clearly designed to attract an audience who may end up playing Eve. And anything that brings in players is a good thing.

4 Likes