Doctor Who event

They really didn’t.
Perverted in more than one way.

2 Likes

I would unironically prefer a My Little Pony crossover. Think of all the amazing ship SKINs we could have…

1 Like

Thank you Brigadier, for something in this depressing thread that finally made me smile again o/

1 Like

What’s next? Kamen Rider?

CCP, why?

Just what is happening to my Eve.

It has gone from having its own lore; its own storyline; being one instance, pvp oriented, dark and scary, brutal and treacherous space sandbox to this.

It is no longer a sanbdbox. Scarcity destroyed any notion of its being a player driven economy. You have destroyed any notion of players controlling what happens in the game wuth your stupid, pointless changes.

The nerfs to Rorquals and industry were handled so poorly; you now have no credibity when its comes to game design. You have been forced by a plater uproar to reverse changes to ships that were proven to be game breakingly stupid.

“Dungeons” for ships means the game has lost its unique one-instanced identity.

And now Doctor Who? What utter moron even allowed this to get to an idea stage? You have just destroyed your entire 15 years of lore and history. Gone. And you have linked it with a franchise that is fifty years old and rated PG. Tell me, how does the concept of Amarr slaveholdings relate to a Timre Lord? Does he/she have implants? Or is he/she a clone? and Daleks FFS? Are the Sontarans coming to kill us all?

But I guess it means I can create a new meme “Exterminate all CCP marketers. Exterminate. Exterminate.”

The game is now little more than “space-wow” for pubescent children. Vale Eve-online. 2022 is your death.

6 Likes

Please make a crossover with the Lineage series, at least those fans would be juicier targets.

There is one question I don’t think anyone has asked yet. How much is CCP paying the BBC for this crossover? With amount of licence payers the BBC is haemorrhaging at the moment they need all the money they can get so the cost to CCP will be substantial. The follow-on question is how much developer time would this have paid for? There are so many areas in the game that need attention. Instead we get this.

2 Likes

Only way to get into there heads is to unsub. 5 paid accounts unsubbed. Last one expires tomorrow. That’s a substantial amount of money which i could save to go on holiday with. Enjoy your mess CCP, Dev team I hope you will put on your résumé that you drove the largest space MMO into the ground. Well-done

3 Likes

lol

this

in germany 99/100 ppl you ask will not know what doctor who is and will not give a ■■■■ about it anyways.

all this crossover stuff is ruining games. check out “magic the gathering”. they are doing fortnite and streetfighter crossovers now and the community hates it. still they are in a better position than CCP is, because they have tenths of million of players (still growing), while EVE is on a declining position since a decade.

hey CCP: give us EVE lore, there is no need for crossovers.

4 Likes

Everything assumes that the flailing game company reached out to the flailing TV series to initiate this crossover; but I am about 75% sure that it was the other way around. Unless they developed this on a shoestring budget (which is admittedly possible,) CCP’s not going to make up their development costs for the event by selling SKINs and clothes. However, even a flailing TV show has a pretty sizeable ad budget. So yeah, I think someone at the BBC knows someone at CCP and they pitched the idea; and Hilmar, short-term thinker that it is, greenlit it.

1 Like

First of all I hate this crossover idea. May the person or persons who thought this up suffer incurable genital itching until April Fools Day when this should have been implemented.
However, as they say when life hands you lemons BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! … uh, sorry wrong universe. Anyway the lemonade we should IMO make is to welcome any Dr. Who fans who try EvE, help them and see if we can get any to stay and enjoy the game we all love whatever our opinion of the crossover event. Which is coming whatever we think of it.
P.S. I do wish Hilmar would stop smoking the pickled herrings.

1 Like

I, for one, welcome our new Dalek overlords. EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

I too am looking forward to a bright future of commercialized tie-in SKINs.

Caldari have come a long way from being all “gunmetal with red stripes” or “gunmetal with orange stripes (T2)”.
Jews-In-Space

Careful what you ask for - CCP will think you mean you want a Harry Potter crossover

1 Like

I would unironically fly an Avada Kedavra issue Avatar.

1 Like

Given we come from earth and canonically the doctor generally seems to have a bit of a soft spot for earth, i mean its not that big of a reach really, especially given that the latest season very much cemented the multiverse as being a thing

I remember seeing it in a technology museum as a child, atleast in the UK its far more known than you think :slight_smile:

Most aliens are pretty dumb in sci-fi, not like the jove are any less dumb

They can easily do both, its not like its 1 guy creating everything, and given that the majority of the work will have been done by VFX people that you do NOT want touching anything code related, not really seeing how its diverted any meaningful manpower

Its the sort of stuff you get from free to play games yes, and what is EVE? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah this was always on the cards after the game essentially went free to play

Oh no a free to play game trying to sell you microtransactions, have you ever looked at fifa?

The actual dev time (as in actual coders) time spent on this will have been fairly minimal, it will be the VFX team doing most of the legwork here

EVE is a free to play game now, yes this is the future, enjoy it while it lasts because every game will eventually turn out like this :slight_smile:

DON’T throw that out like a challenge, please! Between CCP and this community there could be some truly abominable responses. I mean “the dumbest thing you can possibly imagine” covers a lot of territory with this crew.

1 Like

Yes. They have a checklist of game styles they are smacking around. If yours hasn’t been hit yet (or multiple times already), just wait.

1 Like