Apologies if this is repeating something already said but I do not see it in search.
TLDR: Heavy Neuts should not suck so good sometimes
Neutralizers & Nosferatu
- This type of module should have a diminishing return based on either tracking, or perhaps better, signature size & speed (similar to missiles).
- Small Neutralizers & Nosferatu have good performance against small ship hulls such as Frigates
- Diminishing return on Mediums
- Further diminishing return from Heavy Neuts & Nos
- Faction variants have better application
- Deadspace variants have better range (they already do)
- Officer variants have combination plus plus
This would not be done to make Heavy & Medium Neutralizers ineffective on small hulls but, should be implemented to temper the powerful knockout blow they currently deal.
Could perhaps use the method of a smashing hit, penetrating, hit, glance and miss.
TP’s or webs will assist.
Range and falloff might need a revisit.