Errors When Launching From Terminal

[0314/210510:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /home/minuteman/Downloads/evelauncher/translations/qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory…
Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /home/minuteman/Downloads/evelauncher/qtwebengine_locales. Trying fallback directory… Translations MAY NOT not be correct.
[0314/210510:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

It works, but I am not able to make a working .deskstop file on multiple distros

The installer for the Windows client will create a desktop icon for you. I’ve modified mine slighty to set WINEDEBUG=-all, but that’s about it. Here the .desktop file:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=EVE Launcher
Exec=env WINEDEBUG=-all WINEPREFIX="/home/XXX/.eve" wine-development C:\\\\Program\\ Files\\ \\(x86\\)\\\\EVE\\\\Launcher\\\\evelauncher.exe 
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Path=/home/XXX/.eve/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/EVE/Launcher
Icon=2E3F_evelauncher.0
StartupWMClass=evelauncher.exe

The icon also comes with the Windows installer. In your case will you have to make your own icon or copy it over to each distro before you’ll be able to use it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.