Eve linux launcher

Hello I have seen similar errors to this on this forum and my googling hasnt found a fix . if anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful. The launcher starts and works fine but the client doesnt

[0911/111150:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /home/user/evelauncher/translations/qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory…
Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /home/user/evelauncher/qtwebengine_locales. Trying fallback directory… Translations MAY NOT not be correct.
[0911/111150:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 8500
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561197982623234 [API loaded no]
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Server started
QWidget::setLayout: Attempting to set QLayout “” on QWidget “tableParent”, which already has a layout

I’m assuming you’re using some non-English setup. If so try setting your Steam to English and see if it works. However, since these are all warnings am I not sure if this is even your problem.

Did you install all the necessary dependencies for Steam as well as the 32-bit parts for MESA, Vulkan and your graphics driver?

Many thanks for your prompt reply

I followed the instructions here https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Installing_EVE_on_Linux
to install the launcher , Steam is set to English which is where I am . Using ubuntu 16.04 LTS with NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Driver version 384.130. What does MESA, Vulkan do and how do I install them ?

Thanks again

Please have a look at this thread: Not able to login with linux launcher

Many thanks Gharim , I had seen that thread. It seems , looking on the forum that a great many people have it working “out of the box” On my machine the launcher starts and runs you click play and nothing happens, doesnt appear to be a login error

Thank you again

Don’t use the Linux-native launcher. Instead, go with the Windows installer and its Windows launcher and use the latest version of it. This will work with WINE 3.0 and later on most distros. Various people have reported success with it here.

This will give you a playable game with DirectX9 or DirectX11. The later is noticeably slower.

To take it a step further and to run DirectX11 over Vulkan does one need to have the latest MESA, Vulkan and graphics drivers installed and in 32-bit. Then one can choose to use the latest Steam / Proton or to install DXVK manually.

Many thanks again Whitehound i will give that a try

Gharim I am now having the issue you are describing I think . On login I get a plain white window which is completely featureless . Many thanks for your assistance

Maybe you have a look at this thread now :slight_smile: EVE Installing

Many thanks for your kind efforts Gharim I will have a look at this

Everyone is using commands with pacman like they assume everyone knows what it is? What is this program and where do i find it for Ubuntu?

pacman is the arch linux package manager. Ubuntu uses apt-get, which serves the same purpose but is invoked differently with slightly different package names.

Be patient it takes a few seconds to load, you have almost identical setup as me and it loads slowly but it will load up. then it will apear to freeze just be precise with your clicks remember one click and wait…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.