Esi/api ..?.... ?!?!

if zboard can ASK, then i should be able to do my own non-local real website… and ASK myself thru eve, for x and y info, while leaving z out.
then voila!
i have the custom esi key… as eve most likley will respond with a adress??
or table? that i customize into an http link…
for any given occation, copy paste to friends - for diffrent stuff.

= i dont hafto “accept” anything i dont want to.

There is no ESI-key anymore. There is only giving access to the server to read scopes that the program asks. It’s a token that gives the program/website access to information it asked for. You cannot fool it. If you just try to do “Hey, so I don’t like giving my full ESI-access to you, I’ll just give you a link for information that I deem you to be fit to see” You will be laughed out of whatever wanted access to the information through ESI.

1 Like

why not?

No you cannot. It will only read it directly from the server. So unless you host CCP’s ESI-server with special rights to rewrite/hide information from it, you are SOL.

1 Like

yes… so… it will read it from the server… then it will send it to whatever device/app that is in need of the information read.

but if i own the server that is sending the request - i can manage what the request is about.
i can add/remove what kind of information i want to ask ccp for?

Correct. You can control the information you ask for. That is not the issue here. It’s trying to convince others to trust the information you give them without using ESI.

nope.
im not trying to convince anyone about “trusting me without esi.”
it sounds like you are “reading between the lines” using only your own imagination.

that is your flaw, not mine.

my question was… “if i wanted to leave stuff out, could i?”

You might want to re-write your first post then as it reads like a rant about how corporations want to get full access to ESI and you are trying to get around that somehow.

meh. i think not.

its not my fault people cant read and just assume the worst when they dont understand something.

perhaps this thread will be an eye openers for those.
perhaps they need to chill.

This right here is what gives the impression. I can understand if you don’t speak english natively, but what this is saying is “I want to join a corp, but I don’t want to give them access to my full ESI -information. How can I get around that?”

Nobody is reading between the lines here. The way you worded the first post says that.

yeah, but you make the misstake in assuming we must share the same synonyms.

and, if you are so afraid of spys - that warrent this topic as a “nobrainer”… and i should givethe corp my entire eve cataloge…

would you not understand why i dont want to give you my entire eve cataloge…
dont you understand why i called this other dude a facist carebear?

im not just gonna go in eve corp info and start klicking urls and filling in my ESI…

You wrote the post. I can only work with what I have and your wording says something completely different than you assume it does. We could have figured this out with 80% less posts had you at the start explained your issue better instead of attacking those who are trying to help you. This is NCQA after all. People don’t assume you know everything here.

You are perfectly in your right to not give people access, as are others perfectly in their rights to not accept you to their corp/fleet/group. Trust is a 2 way street. You cannot gain any if you aren’t willing to give.

no. my words are fine. your interpatation was just wrong, becouse you
& everyone for that matters (human instinct) jump to conclussion.

becouse i’ve been away for 3 years…
my words was not wrong but maybe more suitable for another less “spy” infested game.

but… i still want an tool - to be able to link just specific information, from my esi…

You cannot.

we been over this man.

no, I cannot.
but others can.

it should not really be that difficult.
its not a real hack. its just a normal request to ccp servers… with a normal response… but the middleman deciding what to copypaste from ccp server is yourself… and not a corp or someone you cant really trust with certain information.

im not a paranoid tinfoilhat… in case of joining a corp, if i want to join i send them whatever they need.
i just want an option to be able to process the requesten information - on day to day stuff…

You are only given the choice of YES or NO to all it asks. Not to choose what it can see. Nobody is going to trust the information you give them over what the ESI gives them as ESI is always accurate.

admin can set options, what to ask yes and no.

And in this case you are not an admin at either the website/program side or the CCP-server side, so we are back to “No, you cannot spoof ESI-information”.

dude… if you make and wepsite, and use ccp api/esi managment app…
you as admin can put whatever…same thing as a corp does.

you could littrely set up 10 “corp” homepages, all requesting 1 information string from your esi key… with a login/accept from user…

and then… you have that infromation… its doable.

But again, the issue is that nobody is going to trust you giving them a copypaste of the information they asked for. They want ESI-access through the program/website they use and that they control. There is no way to feed or omit information from that.

You can make your own corporation that accepts that kind of information, but there is no way to force others to do the same.