Esi/api ..?.... ?!?!

well… if a pro player is gonna help a casual with sp skillque for example…

the trust thing is not an issue.

its not about “validation”… its about information

You can choose what you want from others, but you cannot force them to play by your rules.

If you want to help someone figure out their skills, you can have a program/website that asks for just that information and you can work from there.

If you want to join a corporation that requires full ESI-access, you can only get in by giving them access to everything.

1 Like

OP
several people gave you here the correct answer, they were not agressive at all. You call them facist, trollers, and don’t believe them.
You should calm down and try to understand what they said
And you have to understand that, from the point of view of a recruiting corp, eve is full of stories of betraying, spies, etc. It is actually a part of what makes eve different from other mmos. So many directors will try to find evidences about that in your history. This is eve. You can find some corps which won’t ask you that. But stop insulting the people here who tried to help you

3 Likes

Hi!

There’s no page to shange what privileges have been granted. If you’ve already granted privileges, all you can do is revoke the entire grant.

You could change the privileges requested, by editing the URL that sends you to the login page. Just editing it in the browser’s URL bar. It’s the list of scopes. You could take scopes out of that. When you continue the process, it would create a key with reduced privileges.

However, if you did this, it’s likely that any system they use will reject you, as things will fail.

2 Likes

Umm actually you can just be in your own zero-tax corp, so

well this is more what im talking about.

althou, what i origininaly talked about is the fact that i have signed on to many sites using my eve ESI/ESO-key.

Some wanted to know ONLY skill, some wanted to read everything etc etc…
by choice from the webmaster of the site i am “signing” into.

thus, the only thing stopping me from beeing able to use custom esi/sso-keys is owning my own website/services.
after i’m a webmaster, i can mirror the information given by eve in any way i want.
thus i create a custom esi key, that can be updated, until i revoke acess?

= it is possible to do custom apikeys …

Not for use the way you want. No.

You can go to https://developers.eveonline.com/ and create your own application. In that application you can include whatever scopes you want, so that your application pulls the information from the ESI that you want.

However, if you try to customise the information, you can only publish that on your site.

Any Corp that has their own application will completely ignore your customised version and when you login to their application, the authentication will use the ESI authentication routes and pull the information from the ESI, not your server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.