Eve Anywhere

That just pays for the subscription, not the extra hardware, it won’t be included with omega, i’m not sure why this is so complicated for you to understand, its an entirely 100% optional add-on to the game

I get that you really really really want it for free, but thats just not going to happen without a price hike, and i don’t particularly want to pay for a feature i’m not going to use or need

What do you think the existing game is run on? Scotch Mist?

In fact they even wrote blogs bragging about how big and awesome it was like WOPR from Wargames.

Who pays for that? Right.

Currently, Omega subs pay for access to the complete game - not for a virtual machine to run said game.

If adding virtual machines for subscribers required a universal price hike for subscribers, many subscribers would object as they would not see benefit from the additional service for which they are being asked to pay.

If, however, subscribers had the option of increasing their sub by (for example) $3 a month to get a virtual machine and thus cloud access, there are folks who would find that an enticing option.

Would enough do it to make it sustainable? No idea.

1 Like

Sell more ingame hats and boots.

WIS could have been a customisation money bagger.

well my phone can’t run damn discord not even mentioning EVE XD

It would only need to run a web browser, its no worse than watching a video, because thats what EVE anywhere is doing, its streaming the video output from a remote PC running the game to your device, you just supply commands and wait

Same here, I won’t be using it. I did try it and it used a gigantic amount of data in a very short time, conflicted with a lot of my plugins which I’m not getting rid of, and had terrible performance.

It’s also streaming it at the resolution of your monitor. If that’s actually what’s happening, I’m not sure about that, I think there’s some client side stuff happening as well.
What I saw was a hell of a lot of data transfer (I should have kept track of that, but I was just taking a quick look at it) and it stopped constantly. Good-ish (I know that’s not a word) fps down to none for extended periods of time, video tearing, and loss of image quality (it went blurry constantly).

Where did they say that?

They aren’t EVE anywhere is just beta CCP won’t dump the PC clients it’s just to get you to respond.

I personally had a great experience with it on my chromebook.

So wombat is just making ■■■■ up?

1 Like

Yes, he shitposts a lot lol

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good to know

Just report him for rumormongering at it’ll get hidden.

Eve anywhere cannot replace the native client, it’s not a browser client. Eve anywhere is just streaming the game from a remote location, in that remote location, the eve client have to run.

That

And that.

This guy has had several faces over the last few months.

I had a try the other day with it, I’m very happy with the results, minor lag which is to be expected since light can only travel across the Atlantic so fast (my client was logging in from Germany according to the account log whilst I’m accessing from Canada). Sadly it looked liked it was only 1080p but maybe that will change over time.

Bandwidth was like most other GFN games, it takes a bit for sure, and as others have mentioned, having a data limit really kills it fast.

The absolute biggest downside of Anywhere right now imo is the fact that my profiles and settings from the client is not available and gets wiped on every login, plus that I didn’t seem to be able to actually play in browser-window mode, only full-screen, but I assume that it might be because in full-screen you always get the full keyboard input (or it’s possible but my trial run just didn’t end up letting me go window-mode).

2 Likes

IPv6 may help your latency lag (assuming CCP support IPv6 connections).

We need numbers on data consumption per day/hour/whatever though. This is less of an issue over time and with people consuming more data over the past year or so, it’s expected and Google with their streaming gaming hitting the market too.

Wat?

NAT doesn’t add enough latency for it to matter that you’re using v6 vs v4 when done normally, so swapping to v6 isn’t going to really make any difference in terms of latency as the server is still going to be the same physical distance away

Its going to be the same as GeForceNow, you can go spin up a free trial and run EVE for an hour and get some numbers

https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceNOW/comments/fbdz39/geforcenow_and_data_usage/

Seeing anywhere between 4GB an hour to 16GB an hour from google searches, its not for anyone with a data cap

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.