EVE is an easy 7/10 on Josh Strife Hayes' Pay2Win scale

On one hand, P2W refers to having to pay to win, that is, the one who pays the most wins the more often, so in that regard you need to pay a bit to have your frigate full of mutated officer modules…

On the other hand, you can do a lot more in Eve than creating killmails so I don’t think this is actually relevant.

The PVP part of the game, indeed, is P2W, though. Especially considering gankers who need to multibox . (or other HS war deccers like parit or MW - they are all the same to me) . Getting an edge by multiboxing is IMO the most important P2W factor in Eve, also this included booster alt, and still includes cyno alt, scanner alt, etc. Regarding non PVP part : industry alts, or mining alts. Basically the need for alts is what makes it a P2W.

Now I watch the video, may change my mind after.

edit : that footage of PoE is wrong. There is no P2W, you pay to enjoy the game.
Paying for the stashes is a one-time payment, just like the game without them is a trial mode.

L1 : mandatory
L2 : comestics : you have ship skins in the NES
L3 : head start : you can buy ships in the NES
L4 : removal of annoying mechanism : the skill queue limited to … 1D ? for alphas but this is not P2W because alpha is “trial” ; however the new things that adds skills temporarily.
L5 : boosting : SP are sold in the NES ; money is sold in the NES (with plex) so you can buy injectors
L6 : acces to specific mechanisms : you can’t cyno without an alt, but that’s not really it. I can’t find it otherwise.
L7 : pay for power : well this is the multiboxing. Nothing to do with plex.
L8 : gacha : some may argue that hypernet but I don’t think it is. I also agree with him on how much of a parasitic system it is. But I think L7 already is.
L9 : paywall : there is no way to compete without paying. I don’t know of such a mechanism in Eve.
L10 : …?