Tried installing Eve on my Arch laptop now. The best I’ve been able to get is the launcher to install, run and the screen to blink when it tries to launch Eve and that’s it.
Then, when I try to restart the launcher after that, I get the xcb plugin error again. I have quad-checked my plugin directory is pointing at the right spot and it ran fine without changing anything the previously. It’s very strange.
[user@lappy evelauncher]$ ./evelauncher.sh
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “”.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
./evelauncher.sh: line 14: 6212 Aborted (core dumped) “$dirname/$appname” “$@”
Things I have tried:
- Tried both 64x and 32x wine installations
- Tried the AUR package, doesn’t make any difference and same problems happen
- Tried removing the whole lot and following the instructions in this thread re creating symlinks
- Tried doing a whole fresh install
- Tried doing an install of the entire Qt5 via pacman
- Made sure to install the Qt5X11Extras
- Checked ldd to see where evelauncher is expecting libxcb.so.1 to be. It’s currently listed as the following which is the correct location for it:
libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007f4e289fc000)
About ready to give up ever getting it running on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything is in place for it to run and it does run the launcher sometimes. Most times it just gives the XCB error.