Missing out on things doesnt mean one is playing the game wrong. Im seriously convinced that all of you that say that foolish statement when it comes to this genre game have a serious mental problem.
In the end, nobody cares about what you or another player does or has done…or misses out on in that matter. Cut that crap out.
You are right of course, so i have cut out all that crap.
It is beyond me to give tips for easying game mechanics with two accounts if not wanted. Sorry for those insights that happened to bubble out of my brain uncontrolled.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it right up to the day EVE closes…it is quite apparent to anyone who’s been in EVE for any length of time that the #1 reason people leave is not ganking ( a few years back CCPs own stats showed that only 1% of noobs get ganked ) or PvP or any of the regular things that get whined about by the vociferous…but good old fashioned boredom.
But the person who lost a ship is way more likely to have a rant about it and thus be noticed, than someone who just quietly slips away and is never seen again. Thus the impression of why people leave gets skewed. And FC ends up making changes to ‘fix’ things that were never the real problem in the first place.
Remember when the NPC consisted of losing an Astero ? One’s first experience of EVE was losing a ship…and the message ’ You will die many more times’. Exciting stuff ! But I think for many it just stops right there and within a week they are ’ I just want to chill out and watch a mining laser’ and a resentment of any possibility of dying. And these are the people who were enticed in by ‘epic space battles’.
My personal belief is that the #1 reason new players leave is because the game is either hard to “pick up” or that the marketing/hype doesn’t match actual gameplay. However, CCP (FC) wouldn’t have created Exordium out of thin air unless they saw a variety of reasons why new players weren’t sticking around (ganking - or at least fear of, is probably on the list, but also things like boredom, complexity, etc.)
Well…that is true, but I recall my own noob experience and I was ( and I think most noobs are ) oblivious to how long it was going to take to be flying T3 cruisers or whatever. I recall undocking and it was like ’ Look at me, everyone, I’m in a Venture !'. And I went hunting rats in 0.5 Aurcel system in a badly fit Condor and had no idea I was flying the puniest of the puny. Ironically, I survived my first corp battle in EVE, in lowsec, only to lose my ship when flying home from the asset safety station when corp HQ was lost.
I was ganked ( which I ranted about ), lowsec gate camped, and more loses. So it was not what happened to me that determined my future…but my own state of mind that kept me in the game. That is really not something FC has any control over…but they can make it more likely that those with some internal grit do hang on. I’d agree with those who argue that joining a good corp is essential. But I’d go further and argue that some form of mentor system should exist…perhaps with rewards for mentors.
the thing is not that multi accounting even exist, the thing is that it is actually allowed and promoted to crash the sole idea of a massive multiPLAYER online game with such a stupid thing.
It’s NOT called massive multiACCOUNT online game for a reason you know…
Firstly, this has been a thing since the start of the game in 2003 and was always an official thing.
Secondly, it is actively promoted by FC. Multiboxers get special rebates and offers in the official store for any account above the first one, so they can play those cheaper. Maybe you don’t know this? Occasionally people report that they don’t know this…of course you only see it as a multiboxer with correctly linked accounts on the same email and one active subscription on your main.
EDIT: Found a current promotional infopage hinting at the special offers on it here:
Are you contending that the majority of these accounts/players are second and third accounts? Your stated 5-6k Are bot accounts? Something does not add up here..
Also having been in Eve Uni as well as a couple of other larger corp. Where there were over a thousand active players, That logged on at least once a week. Shows once more you have zero idea of what you are talking about.
I don’t think so. I started in 2016 and while a few players multuboxed, it wasn’t that common back then at all. And when players in my newbro corp talked about it, they were talking about it a a grey zone, that might get you punished. That was bs of course, but the fact is that at that time you needed a different email for each account. Which was kinda telling that multiboxing is not an intented way to play. That changed few years later when CCP allowed to link all accounts and make new accounts under same email.
I also doubt that these multiaccount NES deals were a thing before.
CCP wasn’t punishing or preventing players to multibox, but they didn’t announce, promote and support it in any way before.
Btw your character started in 2009, this is not your main or how do you know what was EVE in 2003?
Same was true for 2009. I started at this time and in all my first corporations no one had more than ~5 accounts. And nobody logged in more than 3 chars at a time. Talking about hundreds of players here and not a single massmultiboxer was among them.
That this count has gone up - and dramatically - is absolutely undeniable. Whoever claims “it was the same since 2003” is either lying or has not the slightest idea what he is talking about.
No, this is not my main. I played since the last two weeks of the beta. I got the EVE Second Genesis CDROM box from 2003. Unfortunately in the manual there is no EULA printed and it is also not to be found on the internet. And i’m not feeling like to install that old thing and hope to find the 2003 EULA somewhere…
I have just looked up when i made my second account. This was in 2007 where i don’t actively remember having to use another Email. As far as i remember it was always bound to the account name as a primary key and the email could be reused for the other accounts without a problem.. Could have been different in the first years. I would only know it from 2007 on and that is also hard to remember.
I found a page where they changed the wording of the EULA due to the advent of Alphas in 2016:
From there if you reconstruct the earlier text, it should read:
YOUR ACCOUNT
You may establish only one (1) Account for each copy of the Software licensed. If you wish to establish another account, you must obtain another license for the Software (you may do this by purchasing and downloading the Software from CCP at the EVE Online web site, //[www.eveonline.com])
This strange wording of only one account for each copy licensed was what always confused people and led them to believe it was a grey area. However this only really meant that they expected you to of course pay a second subscription to do it.
Another thing was that capitals where only first introduced in 2005 and only then did the benefits for multiboxing really became apparent. Also multiboxing back then really required a physical second box and was not feasible on the same PC with another account. Hence the term multiboxing.