EVEMon 4.0.20 - ESI Edition

Would it be possible to add a starter char into evemon so one could make skillplans based on a brand new char without needing one.

Any way to do something about the notifications?
I do not think anyone wants to see them all the way back to 2016.

I got a crash whilst trying to close a failed citadel information query error (one of my chars has stuff selling/buying in citadel market):

============================================
EVEMon Version: 4.0.2.4769
.NET Runtime Version: 4.0.30319.42000
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0
Executable Path: “C:\Program Files (x86)\EVEMon\EVEMon.exe”

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EVEMon.Controls.NotificationList.DisplayTooltip(NotificationEventArgs notification) in EVEMon\Controls\NotificationList.cs:line 505
at EVEMon.Controls.NotificationList.listBox_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in EVEMon\Controls\NotificationList.cs:line 295
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have a better idea. How about the user manual provides the list of scopes it really needs (which I assume are only read scopes) instead of asking the user to add ALL esi scopes?

I recently did this for EVE IPH and I have to say that looking for scopes is a hideous experience. Sometimes I had to clear out the entire search field because searching for “esi-ass” did not yield a result after a previous search for “esi-ind”. Only after I cleared out the search field “esi-ass” showed results. CCP should first improve their services before someone asks us to clean up after their mess.

I have always all chracters “(cached)”. how can i actually update them ? since days every char is cached.

As info i have 30+chars.

In Character Management check first tab. If you lost authorization, switch to ESI Keys tab and renew authorization.

you really want me to add over 30 chars again ? Sry but this is a pain in the ass. And how can i prevent this ? i dont want to add all Chars again in 5 days!!

From OP:

This release is currently in beta and may have stability issues

Welcome to EVE SSO OAuth and ESI. We hope you enjoy your stay and hope you use us again.

1 Like

\o/ tyvm

Indeed it is. I have setup multiple Eve application that require Oauth scopes and the user interface for selecting scopes is not very user friendly.

But then again that user interface is not meant to be used by end-users, but by developers of third party apps. it only becomes an issue for end-user, if someone chooses this particularly approach for his desktop app.

Yeah i dont know why its that much work or better said complicated. Eve Api was so facking easy!

While we are at it,
is there a reason why EveMon loads characters TWICE on startup?

<<<< . INVALID ACCOUNT
Your EVE Online account is not valid for the purpose of registering as a developer. While your EVE Online account may be valid for play, developer registration requires that you have paid at least once with one of our valid payment methods other than PLEX as well as verified your email address.

You can check the status of your email address by visiting Account Management. If you see a green check mark next to your email address then you have a verified email address. Otherwise verify your email address by visiting the Edit Account Information page and clicking the green verify e-mail address button.

You can add a valid form of payment to your account by visiting EVE Account Management and purchasing a PLEX or paying for a subscription in order to satisfy this requirement.

If you have another account that you believe to be valid, we recommend you log out of this account and log back in with that account. >>>
what this?

A data file update has been posted to include the new Precursor ships and skillbooks/weapons into EVEMon. Users of versions 4.0.1 and up will receive an automatic update prompt when EVEMon is next started.

The setup instructions have also been clarified for the paranoid. While the instructions always listed the scopes that EVEMon actually needs at the end of the document, searching for and selecting these is time consuming. Until server side changes are made to better support client side applications, EVEMon will continue to use individual ESI client secrets since the alternative involves running a shared web service which could theoretically intercept and spy on every token used (bad).

2 Likes

Out of curiosity does this update also add the moon mining service modules bpos as well?

I’m sorry but WHY do i have to create a dev version of evemon?

https://peterhaneve.github.io/evemon-esi

For most people that isnt going to help, evemon should be quite able to use eve SSO in auth only mode

https://peterhaneve.github.io/evemon-esi explains why.

1 Like

yeah ive read that