Exceeding derone control range on structures

Numbers has nothing to do with this. Its either ok to use tristans from 350k or is not ok. Having numbers don’t obsolve you. And just because mechanicss allow it don’t mean its working as intended. I know. We caused the office gantry patch last year . It was fun while it lasted

Numbers do have something to do with it.

Let’s say tristans from 350km is intended. In that case, there is a clear counterplay, as the tristan itself is defenceless (when the drones are 350km away) so all you have to do is fly up to him in a fast combat capable frigate and the tristan will die or be forced to warp off, disconnecting the drones in both cases.

The strategy of using drones at 350km has big downsides.

The main issue is numbers here: if you bring enough drone ships, the enemy cannot easily chase off all drone ships as they’re in a ball with a diameter of 700km around the structure, unless you have tactical bookmarks prepared all over the place.

Maybe fighting structures at 350km is unintended. But I do know numbers play a large role.

If you prepare enough tactical bookmarks and have a fleet large enough to scare off those toothless Tristans, they can’t stop the timer.

1 Like

Then you have to factor in how cheap the tristens are. They didn’t scare easy. We killed around 30 in one fight yet the number of tristens on grid never went down. They can reship the whole 100 man fleet for the price of on battleship. So no reason to run off. I think they could do the same with a much smaller fleet, even if there was a defense fleet. Good example of this. Look at the Eve uni Celts war. Celts killed a huge amount of tristens and still lost the timer . And as far as defenseless, about 10 tristens or how ever many they need according to resistance will keep their drones in bay. If you tackle one. You have 10 on top of you within seconds

I’d disagree these BS ships would let you solo them, but now do 100 battleship fleet with no logi. They would just warp off repair and warp back.
A 100 man fleet verse 1 structure; the structure loses. Interceptor fleets of these size kill capitals all the time. The structure is basically a capital ship.

Maybe I was exaggerating a little. But as far as gunning a station. I have had alot of practice. Related Kills | Chaktaren | 2020-01-07 21:00 | zKillboard

One post hidden as it was a Invite link that was posted outside of the appropriate Thread.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.